-𝐓𝐖𝐎-

may fourth, 2008kunar province, afghanistan

may fourth, 2008
kunar province, afghanistan

"You're good! I thought I lost you back there." Tony said with a laugh as he and Brooke got out of the black Audi.

Happy let a chuckle out himself before grabbing their bags from the trunk. "You did, sir. I had to cut across Mulholland."

"I got you. I got you."

With a roll of his eyes, Rhodey looked over at his best friends, who were making their way to the staircase. "What's wrong with the two of you? Are you insane? Did Howard get y'all tested?"

"He tested us for a lot of things; including DNA similarity."

"Three hours!"

"I got caught doing a piece for Vanity Fair; and I have a child." Tony reminded as he followed Brooke up the steps. "Remember? You're his godfather."

"—for three hours? For three hours, you got me standing here." Rhodey finished his rant exasperatedly.

"Waiting on you now. Andiamo." Brooke said as she walked by the boys and headed inside.

Let's go.

"You heard her. Come on. Wheels up! Rock and roll!" Tony said, giving Rhodey a pat on the shoulder before walking in.

"God."

"What you reading?" Tony asked as he looked up from his magazine and to his best friend, who was also reading.

"Nothing."

"Come on, sour patch. Don't be mad." Brooke said with a small smirk as she flipped through her magazine.

"I'm not sour, Lynn. I'm not mad. I'm indifferent, okay?" Rhodey said with a sigh.

"We said we were sorry." Tony reminded, earning a nod from Brooke.

"Good morning, Mr. Stark. Good morning, Ms. Stark." A stewardess said with a smile as she made her way over to the three.

"You don't need to apologize to me."

"I told you I was sorry." Tony repeated before he looked at the stewardess.

Rhodey sighed before looking at the two, "I'm your man."

"Hi. I told him Brooke and I are sorry, but he—" Tony started to explain before Rhodey cut him off.

"I'm just indifferent right now."

The stewardess chuckled before lowering her tray, "hot towel?"

"You don't respect yourselves, so I know you don't respect me." Rhodey said with a shrug as the two grabbed a towel.

"I respect you!"

"I do, too; if I'm sober."

"I'm just your babysitter, so when you need your diapers changed—thank you—let me know and I'll get your bottles, okay?" Rhodey said, Tony and Brooke chuckling.