-𝐎𝐍𝐄-

may third, 2008las vegas, nevada

may third, 2008
las vegas, nevada

The Apogee Awards weren't something Brooke always looked forward to, but she always went because they always honored the company one way or another. This year, Tony was receiving the award with Rhodey presenting it to him; but now the video tribute of Tony was playing and there was no Tony Stark in sight.

"Would you like me to go find him?" Obadiah Stane asked in a whisper as he leaned over to the twenty six year old.

"No, Obie." Brooke shook her head before glancing at him. "I'll find him after; and I'll kill him."

Tony had a horrible habit of drinking and gambling. Brooke had the same habits, but she was always on time for meetings and awards, which was basically the only difference between the two.

"As liaison to Stark Industries, I've had the unique privilege of serving with a real patriot. He is my friend and my great mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present this year's Apogee Award to Mr. Tony Stark!" Rhodey announced after the video played. When he didn't see the billionaire, he looked around again. "Tony?"

With a sigh and a glance to Obadiah, Brooke made her way to her best friend, ignoring all the cheering behind her. "Thank you, Rhodey. This is beautiful. Thank you. Thank you all very much. This is wonderful. Well, I'm not Tony Stark. Obviously. You all know I'm his sister, but if I were Tony, I'd tell you how honored I feel and what a joy it is to receive this very prestigious award. The best thing about Tony is also the worst thing. He's always working." Brooke finished her speech off with an annoyed chuckle before looking at Rhodey.

"You are unbelievable!" Rhodey stated after he and Brooke found Tony in the casino.

"Oh no. They roped you two into this?" Tony asked, glancing at the two as he gambled.

"That's what happens when you don't show up." Brooke said, Tony handing her a glass of champagne with a smile.

"Here. Have a sip, baby love. You seem stressed."

"Of course I'm stressed when I have to take care of you like you're eight years old. I'm the little sister; not the older one." Brooke reminded as she put the champagne down with a huff.

Rhodey decided to intervene before anything escalated between the brother and sister. "Nobody roped me into anything, but they told me that if I presented you with an award, you'd be deeply honored."

"Of course I'd be deeply honored and it's you! That's great. So when do we do it? One more round." Tony decided after he looked at Rhodey and Brooke.

"Tony."

"There you go."

"There it is. That was easy. I'm so sorry." Tony said as he looked at his best friend and sister, who rolled their eyes.