-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑-

november fourth, 2016manhattan, new york;and villach, austria

manhattan, new york;
and villach, austria

Change seemed to be the only constant in Brooke's life recently. After the Accords, Steve and Natasha rescued Sam, Wanda, Clint, and Scott from the Raft before starting their flee from the government; Brooke, Tony, Darlene, Vision, and a still recovering Rhodey were now the only members left of the Avengers; a couple of months after the fiasco, Brooke and Steve reunited in Germany before becoming engaged, an event only Darlene knew happened; Brooke and Tony also sold the Avengers Tower in Manhattan and decided to renovate the Compound, declaring it the sole headquarters for the team; and Peter—who wasn't allowed to become an Avenger yet—unwillingly went back to life as a friendly neighborhood Spider Man.

Brooke's new favorite pastime was snitching on her nephew. Since Brooke and Peter were so close in age—they were only nineteen years (eighteen and ten months technically) apart—Brooke was the one Peter always confided in. So naturally, she knew everything about his Spider Man activities: she knew about the ATM incident at Delmar's and how he was still investigating what happened, the lady who bought him a churro, and she was even the one who broke the news to Tony that he had a spider as a son.

After her reunion with Steve, Brooke was visiting him more often. She had started to include Hailie as well, but whenever Tony asked, the two were just taking as many vacations as they could before Hailie started school. Currently, Brooke and Hailie were about to leave for Vienna, where they were planning to spend Hailie's sixth birthday with Steve, Sam, and Natasha. "Hail, are you ready to go, baby?" Brooke called as she finished zipping up her suitcase.

"I'm ready, Mama!"

"Brookie!" Tony called as he sat in the living room, where he was watching a documentary about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs with Noah. "Happy's waiting to take you and Hail to the jet."

"Thanks, Tone." Brooke called back before she headed towards the door, her intuition telling her to bring her suit bracelets just in case. "Come on, Hail!"

Noah sat on the couch, a confused look on his face before he looked at his uncle. "Uncle T, Bill Gates gave money to Steve Jobs?"

Tony glanced at his nephew, chuckling as he sent the almost eight year old a nod. "Yep."

"Why?"

"—to help a brother out, Noe." Tony said as he glanced at his nephew. "He asked me, too, but I put the line on hold and then he hung up."

"Would you ever do that?" Noah asked, making Tony shake his head.

"No."

"Why not?" Noah asked, him turning to look at Tony. "You and Aunt B are billionaires. That means you literally have billions of money."