-𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑-

march twenty fifth, 2012shield helicarrier

shield helicarrier

"Engine three." Tony said, splitting up from Brooke and Steve. "I'll meet you there."

"Got it." Steve gave Tony a nod before realizing that Brooke didn't leave with him. "Where are you going?"

"To get my suit." Brooke said, slightly confused before she realized he was heading the same way she was. "Where are you going?"

"To get my shield."

Brooke and Steve walked into the room, the former letting out an inaudible sigh when she saw her suit across from Steve's shield. "Thanks, Nat."

With a small sigh, Brooke glanced at Steve before turning around and switching the top she was wearing for a sweatshirt. "What are you doing?"

"Changing. I'm not about to fight a bunch of Gods and aliens in Givenchy." Brooke said, glancing at the super soldier. "What's the matter, Capsicle? Never changed in the same room as a girl before?" Brooke asked with a playful smirk, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"As a matter of fact, no."

Brooke gave the blonde a small chuckle before she hit her watch, quickly checking up on Darlene and the kids. "Darlene, are you guys okay?"

"We're fine."

"Good." Brooke looked over, grabbing her suit bracelets after she saw that Steve was waiting for her by the door. "Let's go."

"Hill!"

"External detonation." Maria said, looking at the monitors. "Number three engine is down."

"We've been hit." An agent called, making Maria look over.

"Can they get it running?" Maria asked, making her way over to another agent. "Talk to me."

"Turbine looks mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there to make repairs while we're in the air." The agent informed, pointing to the turbine on the screen.

"If we lose one more engine, we won't be." Maria said before she started to talk to Fury through the comms. "Somebody's gotta get outside and patch that engine."

"Starks, did you copy that?" Fury asked, glancing at the floor.

"We're on it."

"Coulson, initiate defensive lockdown in the detention section, then get to the armory." Fury said as he left the destroyed lab. "Romanoff?"

"We're okay." Natasha said into the comms before looking from her trapped foot to a panting Bruce. "We're okay, right?"

After disembarking from one of the quinjets, Clint led the hostiles to an air vent, where they infiltrated the ship. "Keep that engine down." Clint said, looking at the group.