-𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄-

june fifteenth, 2013washington dc

washington dc

"The question is: who at Shield could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked, taking a sip of orange juice as she looked at Brooke and Steve.

"Pierce."

"—who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Brooke realized with a sigh as Sam handed her another piece of toast. "Thanks."

"—but he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve reminded as he looked at his girlfriend.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Natasha realized as she looked at the two.

"So the real question is: how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a Shield officer in broad daylight?" Brooke asked, Sam putting the toast down before he grabbed a file off the counter and walked over to the kitchen table.

"The answer is you don't." Sam said as he dropped the file onto the table.

Steve looked at him before he leaned forward, glancing at the file."What's this?"

"Call it a resumé." Sam said with a shrug as he leaned against the back of the counter.

Natasha looked at both Brooke and Steve before she grabbed the file, looking it over as the couple stood up. "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" Natasha asked as she looked at Sam, who nodded before she handed the file to Steve. "You didn't say he was a Pararescue."

Steve glanced at Sam before he took the file from Natasha, seeing a picture of Sam and Riley. "Is this Riley?"

"Yeah."

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs." Brooke recalled, taking a sip of her juice before she looked at Sam. "What'd you use?—a stealth chute?"

"No." Sam said, shaking his head before he picked the file up and handed it to Steve. "These."

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve said, a playful smile on his face as he looked at Sam.

"I never said pilot." Sam said with a light chuckle as he shook his head.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam." Steve said, shaking his head as he looked at the file before looking back at his friend. "You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America and Phantom need my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam reminded before Steve and Brooke looked at each other, the latter giving her boyfriend a shrug.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked, holding the file up.

"The last one is at Fort Meade behind three guarded gates and a twelve inch steel wall." Sam said before Steve looked at Brooke, who shrugged with a smile.