-𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎-

july ninth, 2016cambridge, massachusetts

july ninth, 2016
cambridge, massachusetts

"Wake up, dear, and say goodbye to your father." Maria said as she played the piano, Howard walking over and lifting up the blanket from Tony's head.

"Who's the homeless person on the couch?" Howard asked as he looked at his wife.

"This is why I love coming home for Christmas." Tony said as he stood up. "—right before you leave town."

"Be nice, dear." Maria reminded as she glanced at Howard. "He's been studying abroad."

"Really? Which broad?" Howard asked as he took the Santa hat off of Tony's head and tossed it on the couch. "What's her name?"

"Candice."

"Do me a favor: try not to lose your sister or burn the house down before Monday." Howard said, making Tony nod.

"Okay, so it's Monday. That's good to know. I will plan my toga party accordingly." Tony said before he put his hands in his pockets. "I thought Brookie was going with you."

"Not anymore. Brooke isn't feeling well, so you're gonna watch her." Howard said before Brooke walked into the room, her face lighting up at the sight of her brother.

"Bubba!"

"Hey, munchkin!" Tony said with a smile as he picked Brooke up, kissing her on the cheek. "Not feeling too hot?"

Brooke shook her head before looking at Howard, holding her arms out for him to hold her. "Daddy, do you and Mama have to go?"

"I'm afraid so, sweetheart, but as soon as I get back, I'll take you skiing; just you and me." Howard said, Brooke giving him her puppy dog eyes.

"Can Bubba come, too?"

Howard glanced at Tony—who shrugged with a nod—before he looked back at Brooke, giving her a nod. "Of course, baby."

"Promise?"

"I promise." Howard said, kissing her on the head before he put her down. "Let your mother check your temperature before we leave."