-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍-

may twentieth, 2009flushing, new york

may twentieth, 2009
flushing, new york

"I'll keep the car down here, alright?" Happy said, making Natasha and Pepper nod before they headed inside the Expo.

"Thank you, Happy."

"That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for coming. Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm's way, but then Iron Man and Phantom arrived and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right. It's just too bad. Regardless, it was an impressive innovation; one that grabbed headlines the world over. Well, today my friends, the press is aced with quite a different problem. They're about to run out of ink." Justin paused, earning scattered applause from around the room. "Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new face of the United States military: the Hammer drone. Army. Navy. Air Force. Marines." Justin paused, the different variations of his drone appearing from under the stage. "That's a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders; let me tell you. As revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for man to be present in the theater of war. Ladies and gentlemen, today I am proud to present to you the very first prototype in the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit and its pilot, Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes." Justin said before Rhodey rose onstage and saluted, making the drones salute.

"What?"

"For America and its allies, Hammer Industries is reporting for—" Justin started before Tony and Brooke flew in, receiving a standing ovation.

"We got trouble." Brooke said, she and Tony walking over to Rhodey.

"Tony, Brooke, there are civilians present. I'm here on orders. Let's not do this right now." Rhodey said before Tony and Brooke waved at the audience.

"Give em a wave. All these people are in danger. We gotta get them out of here. You gotta trust us for the next five minutes." Tony said, putting a hand on Rhodey's shoulder.

"Yeah, I tried that. Brooke and I got tossed around your house, remember?"

"We think he's working with Vanko." Brooke said before Rhodey glanced at her.

"Vanko's alive?"

"Where is he?" Tony asked as he walked over to Justin, who was cheering with the crowd.

"What?"

Brooke rolled her eyes before making her way over. "Where's Vanko?"

"Who?"

"Tell us."

"What are you doing here, man?" Justin asked with an awkward chuckle.

Rhodey watched the exchange, letting out an alarmed gasp when he saw various codes appear on his screen. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"