-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍-

april twenty seventh, 2018knowhere; and avengers compound, upstate new york

knowhere; and avengers
compound, upstate new york

"This place looks deserted." Quill said after the Guardians flew to Knowhere.

"I'm reading movement in the third quadrant." Drax said as he looked at his screen.

"Yep. I'm picking that up, too." Quill said before he landed the ship. "Let's put down right here."

"I don't have it." Tivan said, the four quietly moving closer to the exchange.

"Everyone in the galaxy knows you'd sell your own brother if you thought it would add even the slightest trinket to your pathetic collection." Thanos said as Quill gave a signal for the team to stop moving, the signal being ignored. "I know you have the Reality Stone, Tivan. Giving it to me will spare you a great deal of suffering."

"I told you: I sold it." Tivan said as Thanos put his foot on the man's stomach. "Why would I lie?"

"I imagine it's like breathing for you."

"—like suicide."

"You do understand." Thanos said with a small smile. "Not even you would surrender something so precious."

"I didn't know what it was." Tivan said with a shake of his head.

"Then you're more of a fool than I took you for." Thanos said as he stood up.

"It's him."

"Last chance, charlatan." Thanos said as he applied pressure to Tivan's stomach. "Where's the Stone?"

"Today—" Drax started quietly as he glared at Thanos.

"Drax. Drax."

"—he pays for the deaths of my wife and daughter." Drax said before he took a knife out of his boot.

"Drax, wait. Not yet, not yet, not yet. Drax. Drax, Drax, Drax. Listen to me." Peter tried to persuade quietly as he and the girls tried to stop Drax. "He doesn't have the Stone yet. If we get it, then we can stop him. We have to get the Stone first. Yeah."

"No. No." Drax said with a shake of his head. "For Ovette. For Camaria."

Mantis quickly reached over and touched him on the head. "Sleep." At the sound of Drax falling to the floor, Thanos looked over, him throwing Tivan aside as he walked toward the three.

"Okay. Gamora, Mantis, you go right." Quill ordered before Gamora ignored him, running over to her stepfather. "The other right."

Gamora let out a yell as she ran over to Thanos, stabbing him in the neck and chest. "Why? Why you, daughter?" Thanos asked after he fell to the ground.

Gamora knelt to the ground in tears as she watched what she thought was Thanos die. "That was quick." Quill muttered to himself as he watched the exchange.