-𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄-

august eleventh, 2016berlin, germany;avengers compound, new york; and leipzig, germany

berlin, germany;
avengers compound,
new york; and
leipzig, germany

"Dad?" Peter asked with a confused look after he walked into his hotel room to see Tony sitting on the bed. "What are you doing?"

"Just waiting for you. We need to talk." Tony said before he pulled up footage of Peter as Spider Man. "How long we keeping this from your Aunt May?"

"Just a little longer, Dad. Please." Peter said before he sighed. "She still isn't over Uncle Ben's death yet and if she found out that I did any of this stuff, she'd never let me out of her apartment. Please."

"It's up to you, kiddo. It's your secret identity and all." Tony said with a shrug as he stood up. "Speaking of your secret identity, remember how I told you that you aren't allowed to join me in any fights?"

"Yeah." Peter recalled with a small chuckle. "You threatened to nail my bedroom doors shut if I did."

"Yeah, well, I'm contradicting myself now." Tony said before Peter sent him a confused look. "I need you, buddy."

"—for what?"

"Secret mission here in Germany. I'm not gonna tell you anything else. Gotta get your head in the game." Tony said with a shrug. "In those fights your aunts, uncles, and I are in, we don't know who we're up against."

"Dad, I can't go fight with you." Peter said with a shake of his head, Tony raising his eyebrows.

"Why not?"

Peter let out a sigh as he tried to think of a reason. "I got homework."

Tony stared at his son blankly before he shook his head. "I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that."

"I'm serious, Dad. What am I supposed to tell Aunt May if she asks?" Peter asked, making Tony shrug.

"Internship."

"Dad, I can't do this." Peter said with a shake of his head. "I'm a kid."

"Pete, you're a kid who can stop a bus with his barehands. You're my kid. I believe in you, buddy." Tony said as he put a hand on Peter's shoulder. "I know you can do it, but if you think it's gonna be too much, then I respect that."

Peter let out a sigh as he watched Tony head for the door. "Dad?"

"Yeah, kid?"

"I'll do it." Peter decided, Tony sending him a small smile.

"Dinner's in ten."

After their talk, Wanda ordered herself a pizza and then turned on a sitcom to keep herself occupied until she looked out of her window to see a small fire. With her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Wanda made her way to the living room window, where Vision was looking. "What is it?"