-𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍-

december twenty fourth, 2012miami, florida

miami, florida

"If he's right about the location, we're twenty minutes from where Pepper is." Tony said as the group sat around Trevor's boat.

"—but we also have to figure out this Vice President thing, right?" Rhodey asked, making the three nod.

"Mmhmm. I wonder who I'm calling right now." Brooke said before she looked at her phone, pretending to be surprised. "Oh! That's the Vice President!"

"Thanks." Rodriguez said, giving Secret Service a nod as he took the phone. "Hello?"

"Sir, this is Brooklyn Stark."

"Welcome back to the land of the living."

"We believe you're about to be drawn into the Mandarin campaign. We gotta get you somewhere safe as soon as possible." Brooke said as she looked at Rhodey, who nodded.

"Ms. Stark, I'm about to eat honey roast ham surrounded by the Agency's finest. The President's safe on Air Force One with Colonel Rhodes." Rodriguez said with a nod as the group looked at each other. "I think we're good here."

"Sir, this is Colonel Rhodes." Rhodey said, making Rodriguez look at the phone in surprise. "They're using the Iron Patriot as a Trojan horse. They're gonna take out the President somehow. We have to immediately alert that plane."

"Okay, I'm on it." Rodriguez said before he talked in a whisper so no one would be alarmed. "I'll have security lock it down. If need be, they can have F22s in the air in thirty seconds. Thank you, Colonel."

"Rhodes and Stark out."

"Everything okay, sir?" A Secret Service agent asked as he walked over to Rodriguez.

"Couldn't be better." Rodriguez said before he handed the phone to the agent and walked over to his granddaughter, kissing her on the head. "I love you, babe."

"Colonel Rhodes." Ellis said, saluting Savin after he landed by the plane. "Glad to see you could make it, son. I feel safer already."

"We gotta make a decision. We can either save the President or Pepper." Rhodey said before he turned to look at Tony. "We can't do both."

"Sir, ma'am, I have an update from Malibu." Jarvis said, the siblings turning away so they could hear him. "The cranes have finally arrived and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak."

"What about the suits we're wearing?"

"The armors are now at ninety two percent." Jarvis said before Tony unplugged both suits.

"That's gonna have to do."

After locking two agents in a closet, Savin made his way to the conference room, a Secretary noticing him. "Everything alright, Colonel?"