-𝐒𝐈𝐗-

august twenty ninth, 2008malibu, california

malibu, california

"Brookie, wanna go on an adventure with me?" Tony called as he changed.

"Sure. Are you decent?" Brooke asked after she knocked on his door.

Tony shrugged before he looked back at his bedroom door. "Morally? No, but I have pants on if that's what you're asking."

Brooke sighed before walking in and sitting on the bed, waiting as he grabbed a shirt and pulled it on. "Sometimes I wonder why we associate with each other."

"Because we're siblings."

"The future of air combat: is it manned or unmanned? I tell you in my experience, no unmanned aerial vehicle will ever trump a pilot's instinct, his insight, and that ability to look into a situation beyond the obvious and discern its outcome; or pilot's judgement." Rhodey said as the students looked around the hangar.

"Colonel, why not a pilot without a plane?" Tony asked as he and Brooke walked over.

"Look who fell outta the sky! Mr. Tony Stark and Ms. Brooklyn Stark." Rhodey said as everyone clapped for the two.

"Speaking about manned or unmanned, you gotta get him to tell you about the time he guessed wrong. It's spring break. Just remember that. Spring break 1987. That lovely lady. What was his name? Was it Ivan?" Tony asked as everyone laughed.

Rhodey chuckled as he shook his head. "Don't do that. They'll believe it. Don't do that. Give us a couple of minutes, guys. I'm surprised."

"Why?"

"I didn't expect to see you two walking around so soon." Rhodey said before the two shrugged.

"We're doing a little better than walking."

"Really?"

"Rhodey, we're working on something big. We came to talk to you. We want you to be part of it." Brooke said as Tony nodded.

"You're about to make a whole lotta people around here real happy because that little stunt at the press conference?—that was juicy." Rhodey chuckled.

"This isn't for the military. It's different." Brooke said as Tony nodded.

"What? Are you two humanitarian now or something?" Rhodey asked with a chuckle.

Tony let out a quiet sigh before he looked at his best friend. "I need you to listen to us."

"No, what you need is time to get your minds right. I'm serious. It was nice seeing you, guys." Rhodey said before he walked away.

"Thanks."

"Jarvis, are you up?" Tony asked as he worked in the shop.

"For you, sir, always."