I'd miss you;💔...

I get to school only to find Dina sitting in Faith's old seat. I smile as I take in the fact that my once lost BFF has found her way back. I have been with Dina long enough to know when and if she is lying, and I am happy to know that my dear Dina isn't living nor trying to double-cross me.

I bounce unto my seat and exchange words of greeting with Dina who is smiling broadly. I came early today so the class is still half empty. Soon, Nathaniel walks into the class. His hands in his pocket and hood over his face. He is facing the ground as he majestically bounces towards his seat. He suddenly looks up and finds me starring at him. He looks surprised to see me so early but still greets me with a warm smile.

I feel my cheeks burn and I quickly look away. Unknown to me, Dina was watching!
"Oo. I sense a love triangle. "She whispers into my ear.

"What? " I ask in confusion and a bit of embarrassment.

"Hmm. See, I just don't understand you and Victor's case, but I sense a strong Chemistry between you and Nathan. You guys look good together.

See, Jonathan, God made, but Victor And Jade just don't make any sense. Facade? Vader? Janitor? Oh, wait that's not right. Sounds like gator" Dina begins to blab.

"Stop! " I scold in embarrassment as I take hold of her arm and she giggles. "My point is, I don't fancy Jonathan, but you and Victor... I don't see that ending well either," she admits.

"But Nathan's cute though," she adds looking in his direction.

I follow her gaze to Nathans's seat and find him starring at me. I quickly avert my gaze. Once again, God thank you I'm dark-skinned!

I feel a bit hurt by Dina's words. Deep down, I know I still have feelings for Victor, but I should bury those feelings. I am sick and tired of the continuous hurts.

Time and time again I have had to face humiliation and disgrace. I'm not and have not always been like other girls. I have always been rough and nonchalant. Trying to get me dressed properly was the same as trying to put makeup on a guy.

As a younger girl, I grew with little self-esteem as only a few guys seemed to pick interest in me and even some who did were scared to tell me. They thought I would beat them. So much for being a tomboy.

Now in Senior School, I was hoping to start afresh on a new page. It only lasted a few days. Then boom, just like in a teen fiction novel, the two Nathaniels came into my life, Victor is also Nathan by name.  

I'm stuck between my stubborn feelings for Victor and my burning desire for Nathaniel. I am just 14 for heavens sakes! Why all this drama? If I feel like this now, how would the university be like?

Soon the class is full and Miss. Ana comes in with a new girl and Introduces her to the class as Silvia. I almost chock on the water I'm drinking from my bottle. Dina sees the expression on my face and begins to chuckle and so does Nathan. Oh, come on! Just when God chose to take the pain in my ass named Silvia away, he decided to bring a replacement?

Slowly but surely, a week passes with me chatting with Faith, forming a stronger bond with Dina, and getting to know the new Silvia better. Turns out the new girl is not that bad, but here comes the dreadful part of this week. Having to bid my farewell to Nathaniel as well as my Edna.

There is no way I can ask my typical Nigerian parents permission to go to a guy's house. Especially not one that's older than I am.
Not even my partner in crime (Austin) would agree.

However, with a friend as cocky as Dina, and an ever so desperate motivation, good ideas are bound to erupt. Like the one, Dina came up with which is using her house as a meet-up point for Nathan and me. A plan we are going through with!

My parents are very familiar with Dina as we had been friends long before we recently resolved fallout.

I wait till around 6; 00 pm and after my mom's normal outing routine on me, she permits me to go. I get to Dinas and once in her living room. Her little brother, Raymond runs to me hugging my legs. It's been a long while since I last saw this little, cute surprise pack of trouble.

After tugging at his chubby cheeks and playing airplane with him, I finally look to the dining only to find Nathan glaring at me and Dina begins to laugh so hard, she falls to the ground.

"Oh shoot! " I whisper under my breath. I can only imagine how embarrassing that looked. His stunned face then breaks into a sweet smile. I sluggishly make my way into the dining as I watch Dina scramble back to her seat.

"I didn't know you, fancy kids. " Nathan says to me as I take a seat beside him.

"Oh, she does. She is a mother of nations. I can't wait to see how she would pamper her kids. " Dina says whilst laughing.

I feel my cheeks burn and I suddenly want to gag Dina. I shot her a death glare and she gets the message.

"Okay... Looks like I'd be leaving you two now. " She says as she rises to her feet.

She smiles at Nathan and pinches me in my side as she walks past me.
"Come on Ray. " She calls out to her little brother and they both move further into the house. To Dina's room, I guess.

"I got you something," Nathan says. Causing me to look up at him. He draws out the most beautiful bracelet I could ever imagine from his pocket and stretches out his hand to take mine. I place my hand in his and I watch in awe.

"I don't have a good insight on lady taste. So I got my little sister to help me pick one for you. I hope you like it." He says as he wears it on my wrist.

It slides on with ease and it's a perfect fit.
"It looks prettier now than when it was on display" he mumbles staring at the bracelet on my wrist.

I love it. it's well-carved designs, beads, and colors, It's perfect.

"Do you like it? If you don't I could change it." He questions and adds the last part in fear and uncertainty.

"It's perfect Nathan," I say as I pull him into a tight hug. I fill my nostrils with the smell of his cologne one last time, I feel my heartbeat rather gently and I absorb the feel of his perfect hands on my waist.

"I also got you something," I reply reaching into my bag. I pull out a bagged gift. He has no idea what is in it but I bought him a hood and personally customized it. Not forgetting to add my initials at a small corner of course.

We chat for a little while about a few minor things. When all of a sudden;
"Jade, you are a lot more than you think yourself to be. Stop looking down on the little woman inside you. Babe, until you're sure of yourself, Noone else has the right to be sure about you." He says looking into my eyes. I have no idea what the last part of his statement meant but every single word of his hit home.

"Thank you. " I reply. We suddenly hear the doorbell ring and Dina rushes out of her room. She runs to the door and after taking a sneak peek at who's outside, she whispers.

"Jade! Austin is here! "
My heart hurts. F*CK, time flew so fast. It 8:30 pm!!

"Hide." she scolds Nathan as she begins pushing him into the kitchen. I begin to run towards the door as my brother keeps ringing the doorbell, but I stop. I turn around to the shut kitchen door. I run in and find Nathan funding with his fingers. Sadness is a bit evident on his face.

I rush over to him and plant a short but equally deep kiss on his perfect lips for the last time.
"I'd miss you," I confess before running out of the house and to my brother.

I give Dina a quick hug and rush out. Once out, I act like everything is okay as I walk home with my brother. He believes I came to see Dina for a class event planning. I feel so elated! For the first time, I kissed a guy... No. I mean, he has always made to kiss me first before I respond, but today, I made the first move!

My phone buzzes and when I look at the screen, I find a message from Nathan;

*I'd miss you more {heart emoji} *
I smile to myself. Trying to console my aching heart but also because life was kind enough to bless me with the gift of meeting Nathaniel Briggs.