Bye Faith😔

Love is very beautiful, but life hurts when it chooses to pull some strings in your life and take you away from the things you valued.

Pain could be a strong drive. Sometimes towards the right and many times towards wrong. It could make one act without thinking and then lose everything without blinking. Only when it's late do you realize what you tossed over the fence.

Loneliness hurts. It could be embraced at first, but soon it begins to rip the soul and your pleas for love begin to bleed out through your wounded soul. Maybe someday, one would grow accustomed to the one feeling everyone wants to reject.

It hurts never to be loved, but it hurts more to love and lose it overnight. {Aider}

**************¥***************

I get home broken and hurt. Bummi sees my lack of high spirit so she comes up to my room and begins to question me.

"Jade, what's wrong? Should I get you some chocolate from my drawer? Did your boyfriend break up with you? "

Her constant and irritating questions cause me to snap at her. I know she is only asking out of concern but I'm not in a place to talk about it. I may be older than Bummi by five years, but I share a lot with that girl. She knows even more than my brothers Austin and Simon. However, right now, I'm not in for sisters' time.

"Fine! Die alone! " she spits at me in anger and marches out of the room. Her tiny ass wobbling with each step she took.

I slowly begin to undress. I take one long look at the girl in the mirror. Trying to figure out what her problem is. Why is her life anything but a fairytale?

I head into the bathroom and deep myself into the warm water in my bathtub. I begin to reminisce over everything.

I step out of the bathroom after about an hour and find Bummi on her bed playing with her tablet. She looks at me and pouts her lips in anger before looking away.

I sit in front of the mirror with my towel around my chest and begin to do my hair. I cautiously apply gel to my hair as I pack it into one puffball.
I look at Bummi through the mirror only to find her staring at me in worry.

"Faith is going to London tomorrow and Edna is moving to the SHA in town next week. " I finally blurt.

Bummis eyes widen. She has never spent quality time with those two, but she knows how much they mean to me.

"For real? " she asks as she jumps off her bed.

"Yeah. " I reply sadly.

She soon appears behind me and takes the comb from my hand.

"What do you plan on doing? " she asks as she begins to help me straighten the path in my hair.

"I don't know" I reply as I fondle my nails.

"Why don't you go visit Faith for the last time today? " she finally questions as she turns me to face her.

"That's a brilliant idea! " I yell as her words are an eye-opener for me.

"See. A problem shared is a problem half solved," she says as she crosses her hands and wears a broad smile of accomplishment.

"Sorry I snapped at you" I apologize as I pull my little angel into a hug.

"It's okay. Here you go," she replies as she pulls away before drawing chocolate from her pocket and placing it in my palm.

"Chocolate fixes everything!" She says as she snaps her fingers all around after each word like they do in those foreign movies.

She then turns and begins to gracefully catwalk out of the room. It an act that makes me laugh. I love that girl. Nine years of wisdom.

I turn back to the mirror and see what a good job she has done with my hair.
I stand up and head for my wardrobe. After applying enough cream to my skin and picking out fresh undergarments, I pick out skinny blue jeans and a very baggy white shirt. I'm addicted to baggy clothes. I then finish with a casual white canvas.

I am about to head downstairs when I see my phone on my side table. I haven't touched it since I came home. I walk over to it and pick it up. I am about to shove it in my pocket when my thumb accidentally pushes the power button. The screen comes to life and I see a message from Nathaniel.

*Hey, we didn't get a chance to talk today. Are you doing okay? *

What a gem. He knows when I am down or in need of comfort.
I sit on my bed and go online. Nathaniel does deserve my time.

* I'm not feeling too good*
I reply. It reads seen immediately, and soon shows 'typing'.

* I know. Edna told me about her and Faith. M sorry. I'm sure you are strong enough to scale through this* h He replies. Causing a smile to crawl up my face.

*Yh. I guess I am, but at least I've still got you to help me through this* I reply genuinely.

*yh... About that. Jade, we need to talk. It's pretty important* He replies after a few seconds.

*yeah?.. M all ears* I reply. I honestly feel a bit worried.

* Not over the phone Jade. I need to see you in person. * He replies.

*okay. Tomorrow then?* I question. Very worried.

*sure. BRB. I've got to go* He replies and goes offline immediately.

*yh. Bye * I reply and I go offline as well.

I honestly feel a bit disturbed. What could be wrong? Is something even wrong or I'm just overthinking?.

I phone Faith to inform her of my plan to visit her today.

I head downstairs and they permit me. Only after being sure that I'm with my inhaler. I get to Faith's house which isn't too far from mine on a commercial bike. What we Nigerians call 'okada'.

I help them pack a bit and Faith and I chat a while. She gives me a parting gift.

"I bought it for val but seems I won't be around for that," she replies down spirited.

I also hand her a locket I bought for her on my way to her house. We speak at length and she begs me to give Dina another chance. She says not letting Dina explain herself is wrong of me.

Soon my mom begins to phone me as it's getting late and I know that's my call home. Soon after all the tears, kisses, hugs, and promises. I begin to head home. Leaving a part of me in Faith's home.

Here we go again. With me losing another dear thing to me. We promised to keep in touch over the phone, and just like that. My pillar moved so far away. Leaving me to learn to trust my own feet.