Newbie

It is just Wednesday of the second week and Faith is already absent from school. again! Faith and her family had just returned from Cuba last year and she still pretty much thinks, acts, dresses, and even speaks like a foreigner.

Hence she doesn't see missing school as such a big deal, especially when she constantly complains that Nigerian schools are nothing like the ones abroad.

Faith has spent a good amount of her life overseas as her father works for Nigeria foreign affairs. So from time to time, they travel from one country to another, but now they are in Nigeria, and it doesn't seem like they are taking another trip any time soon.

Ah well, due to Faith's absence, her seat beside me is the only vacant seat in the whole class.

The school's admin Miss Ana, brings this really cute, good looking boy to our class, and she tells him to sit on Faith's seat, I try to protest but she shuts me up me and tells me since Faith is not in school and not here to defend her seat, the new boy could have it.

He walks into the class and sits on the chair facing front and doesn't acknowledge my presence. Perhaps he felt bad that I did not want him beside me... But that is not the case. I just felt... As Faith's best friend, I should be able to defend her things even in her absence.

Taking my friendly nature into consideration I want to introduce myself so badly and explain why I did what I did but I stop myself as it would be another juicy gossip for Silvia and her group.

Later on break time, I go out to get something to eat, But when I get back to class, what I see is something I did not see coming.

Our ex-senior student Jacob is in the classroom talking to the new boy... they are brothers!? I never expected it, cause well... there is very little resemblance between them.

Not trying to say Jacob is ugly or anything. Jacob is very good-looking. A popular Nigerian musician (Rema to be precise) looks a lot like him. And to be honest... Jacob looks better than Rema from an angle.

On seeing me, Jacob calls my name and opens his arms for a side hug. The new boy seems a little confused a shocked by his brother's actions but he quickly recovers from it and turns back to the books on his table.

I can feel eyes on me as I walk towards Jacob but I don't mind, I take the hug with pride and a huge smile on my face.

Many people often ask me how I became friends with Jacob and I tell them I don't know and that is the actual truth.

When I was in year three junior school he was in year three senior school and I honestly don't know how we became friends, I was a very rough and scattered girl in my junior school days so I felt shocked and glad that someone as cool as Jacob was my friend.

Initially, Jacob only gives a little bit of acknowledgment to his friends with benefit or classmates and I was none of the above. Neither was I his girlfriend. So this made me much envied, especially by Silvia.

I was just a junior who was honored to share a few good jokes and laughs with her seniors.

I go back to my seat after Jacob and I share a brief discussion while still wrapped in his side hug, and the brothers continued their discussion.

It turns out that Jacob actually came to make sure his little bro is settled into school properly and he also seems to have come to give the teachers an indirect threat by his glares at them.