♛Chapter Seventy-Eight♔

Part Two

.

.

.

*Luna*

After dashing out of the driveway, I peered back and checked to see if my family was still behind us. They were.

Amir reached for my seat belt and grinned slightly. "I want to keep you safe, Moon."

"What about you?" There wasn't another seat belt on his side.

"I'll be okay. I have been through worse."

"Actually..." Colin said, glancing back at him. "We both have. And even I am wearing a seat belt."

"The front seat provides that. I'm not sure how there isn't a seat belt back here for me."

Faisal chuckled as Colin hit the gas at a dangerous speed on the narrow road. Ahmed close behind us. "Just sit tight and hold on. It's going to be a long trip," Colin said, moving over into another lane.

"Yeah," Amir murmured, holding my waist.

"Did St. Matthew's ever tell you about their special serum they were formulating?" Colin asked him.

"I was shown a lot of things," Amir said, swerving to the side. Colin and his curves.

"Were you ever told about a certain serum that can eliminate the connection between Tethered Souls?" Colin asked as Faisal propped a foot up on the dashboard, and I hoped the airbag wouldn't deploy. My best friend was up there with him as he curled an around her waist, keeping her calm. "This serum can take out a pair's connection instantly. It's called E. L. S. -The Elimination Serum. Chase nicknames it 'Ellis'. A pair would be completely eliminated from each other and being a Tethered Soul altogether. No more powers."

"What?" My stomach ached as I glanced back and forth from Colin and Amir. "Have they had any success?"

"Indeed they have. Since we left, my contacts have stated that Dr. Kim barked orders at the lab techs to get it working." Amir's eyes narrowed.

"I never saw it. I saw the chemicals that were used to create the formula, but I thought nothing of it. I remember now how Chase checked on the status of it the first time I came face-to-face with him. I didn't know what he was talking about," Amir said, shifting his gaze toward the front seat.

"It's a new weapon they'll be using to capture our kind," Colin explained. "And it's actually dangerous. Not only has it eliminated a Tethered Pair before, but it also ended up killing one soul in the experimental stage. It can hurt our brain, lungs, and heart. And what they'll do is launch a group of tranquilizers with the
E. L. S. liquid laced inside it."

Ice drenched my spine. "What happens if a Soul is hit with one?"

"You'll pass out," Colin said with a stern tone. "You two will probably have nothing to worry about, considering you're a new breed of Souls they can have their fun with. But you need to understand something. If they bring out those bad boys, people can die, and we could have a catastrophic war on our hands. Our kind is at war, always has been, and we must do what we can to protect our fellow brothers and sisters. Our powers are used as weapons. Especially for people who are telekenetic. They're the dangerous ones and are number one on the hospitals' hit list."