·Chapter Twenty-Three Part 2·

*Amir*

*Amir*

"You flew to France?" Luna said while gazing at the breathtaking view of the Eiffel Tower outside my window.

I didn't intend for us to connect at this very moment, with my unshaven face and wrinkled clothes. And my hair was definitely a mess, but she didn't seem bothered by it. But being in her presence like this-unprepared-had my heart doing a trippy dance. My plan was to prepare myself first, connect to her later, and then surprise her. I came here for her. She'd always wanted to visit Paris, and I wanted her to have a chance to explore it. Even if it meant telepathically. Anything for my tethered companion.

Meeting her gaze, I nodded in reply.

"Why?" she asked, her eyes twitching in its sockets.

I stepped close to the window and stood beside her, then turned my head her way and gazed softly into her beautiful eyes, and whispered, "I came here for you, Luna."

She gasped.

Reaching up to stroke her right cheek, a tear escaped her eyelid and slid down to her chin. I brushed her tear off with my thumb, then cleared my throat and shook my head. "Sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I meant-"

"No!" she exclaimed. "You said you came to Paris for me. Tell me what you mean."

Taking a step outside on the small balcony under the evening sky, we watched as the sunset had radiated across the sky, turning the puffy clouds from a molten orange color to bands of purple and pink. The Eiffel Tower looked like a large giant in the center of the city, so tall and majestic.

Luna followed behind me as we took a seat at the table that sat against the wide ledge. Bringing my gaze back to her, her eyes stayed focused on the magnificent structure in front of us as her chin was slightly opened. She was definitely in shock by this, and I could sense how fast her heart was beating.

Trying to ease the anxiety coursing through her veins, I reached for her shaky hand and whispered, "I came to Paris because this was a city that you have always wanted to see. I figured that I would come here and see it for you. I was going to connect to you when I was more presentable and share this experience with you. Paris is your favorite city in the entire world, and I wanted you to see it."

"Amir," she mumbled, giving me a kind smile across her face. "It's beautiful. Absolutely breathtaking. Just so you know, nothing against Paris, but I think I've marveled over Pakistan a little too much. Your country is just as fascinating. However, I think nothing could compare to how extraordinary the Eiffel Tower is. The lights are on, and it's immaculate, more than I ever thought possible."

I smiled a little as we both peered at the cramped streets down below and surveyed how busy the city was in the evenings here. Then she raised her neck back up and locked her eyes with mine. "Despite the heavy traffic down there, I like it here. I think I could get used to it if I ever lived here."