·(Book Two) Chapter Ten (Previous Storyline)

*Luna*

*Luna*

As I strolled down the almost vacant corridor with Nurse Smith, not knowing where she was taking me, the only thing I could think about is what was I stepping into now. The two tall guards stayed within three feet behind me with their chins up and hands at their sides. All she did was open my door with her key card and tell me to follow her. Luckily, she couldn't see Haley standing next to my bed, or could see her now walking quietly to wherever I was headed to.

Haley explained that she wanted to be near my side, so she could report back to our people if anything happened to me. I am grateful to have her at my side. Whatever power Enya possessed, I sure wished I could get ahold of it. I couldn't wait until she and I met. I kept my eyes peeled and glanced around at the signs on the walls; all written in Swedish. 

After making two right turns and going through a few glass-platted security doors, I think we've arrived at our destination. The faint smell of grilled meat and lasagna was oozing out into the1 hallway, and a memory of the canteen at St. Matthew's flowed through my mind. I remembered sitting with Cami and enjoying a nice conversation with her, and shortly later we were met with Amir and Faisal outside in the courtyard. I will never forget feeling his anxiety for me being in that hospital, or the urgency he had to fly out to America to save me. That feeling had my nerves shaking. I miss everyone.

The nurse turned around as we got near the door, and she let the two men open the doors in front of us. Her gaze met mine. 

"Mrs. Khan..." At least you got my name right this time. "We're at the cafeteria. You can stand in the back of the line as you wish and choose whatever you feel like eating. I will sit at the nurse's table until you complete your meal, and then we will go to Dr. Kim for an assessment." 

"Assessment?" I squeaked.

"Yes. Assessment. I don't know anything else." 

"To hell she doesn't," murmured Haley. 

I snorted as I watched her glare the lady up and down and throw her the bird. She loathed her just as much as I did. 

"You have roughly thirty minutes," Nurse Smith said, stepping to the side. I exchanged a pleasant smile and walked passed her, wishing I could step on her big toe. 

And I did it anyway. 

I acted like I slipped backward and ended up smashing my foot down hard on to her open-toe heels; she shouldn't have worn those. Haley cracked up and stood on the side of the wall, laughing her guts out. It was funny watching the pain I caused the Smith. I would murmur a lot of mean slurs to the lady, but my precious cargo shouldn't hear their mothers' choice of words. 

"Sorry, nurse," I said, getting the evil eye from her. "I guess I lost my balance."

Nurse Smith limped to a table as she gained help from two of the staff members. My cheeks flushed as I gazed up to notice half the hospital was staring right at me, staying quiet and still. What a way to make an entrance.