·Chapter Twenty-One·

I love you, Tethered Readers! You make my world when you read my story. This author is truly humbled by your love.
1K Reads in less than a month!!! 🌼

*Amir*

As I was organizing my things for my trip to America, I tossed a few shirts and pants all over my room, frantically gathering all my belongings. I checked my email and text messages, then glanced at the time for my flight. It was five days before I was set to leave, but I wanted to get a head-start and check out New Orleans beforehand. And maybe calm the nervousness in my veins. Seeing Luna for the first time since we've met is nerve-wrecking enough.

I have to be at the airport by seven am and it's five-thirty. It's late in the evening in Louisiana, and I'm a couple of hours away from being closer to her. I pondered what it would be like to finally be in her presence and gaze into those mesmerizing brown eyes of hers. We wouldn't be able to touch, but I could at least look into her soul and compliment her, feel her electricity sizzling through her skin. How she felt, I could feel, too, and the both of us would definitely be nervous. We've spoken about this moment often, and it felt unreal that the time is finally here.

She and I hadn't seen each other since I visited my family's house days ago, and she doesn't know that I am arriving earlier than expected. I popped in on her ten minutes before she fell asleep that evening and she asked me to give her some space. Her mind was a scattered mess, and she needed some time to process some things. I respected her wishes, but I could tell by the shadowy aura that surrounded her that she was distraught about something. I wasn't sure what it was.

The last time I stayed away from her was because I took advice from Faisal. It almost tore my soul to pieces to do it again this time. But I reminded myself that I was not in control. Luna was. What she wanted and desired would be something I had to respect, whether or not I liked it. She wanted space for a short time, and I've given her that.

After running into the bathroom and grabbing my hygiene products, I heard a ding on my phone and paced quickly to see my messages. I pulled up my email and the doctor I was supposed to be working with at the hospital, Dr. Chauvin, informed me that the project he was working on was put on-hold because of funding for the time being. So that meant that I wouldn't be working on the project I volunteered to assist him with. Work was my way into the country, but now it looked like I couldn't go. Not by a work-related reason.

I frowned and stopped what I was doing, then sat down on my bed. I could still see Luna and make that trip for her. I would love to meet her. And thinking of the incredible woman, I glanced behind me and noticed her standing in the doorway of my room.

Laying my things down that was in my hands, I strode over to her and pulled her close. She was wearing a pretty light blue blouse and a blue skirt with minimal eyeliner and jewelry on. Her beautiful hair was down in waves, and her perfume smelled pleasantly along her neck.