✝ Chapter Seventy-Two ☪

🔸

Note: I am sorry if I got anything wrong here on the Nikah side of things

Note: I am sorry if I got anything wrong here on the Nikah side of things. I tried my best to pave a way for Amir and Luna to marry the legal, Islamic way, and I pray this is as accurate as I could write it. If not, well, they are finally united as One by the end of this scene.

*Amir*

I knew she was somewhere behind me; I could feel her essence. Her and Mr. Carlyle's steps were very light, so light, I almost wanted to look up and turn around to make sure I wasn't dreaming. My soulmate was close to me, and I couldn't wait to see her beautiful soul. I turned around immediately after Sarah finished tossing the flowers to the ground. Luckily, Ahmed was videotaping this moment for us, because I would like to see what I'd missed.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed two extra guests sitting in the back row, holding hands and waving. Cyrus and Gabi, looking delighted to see our wedding. I hadn't been able to talk to Cyrus for the last few days, but I was glad he and Gabi showed up. He wore a dark black suit, with a red tie in the front, and she wore a long red dress as her dark hair was curled to the side.

Bhatti Sahib prayed for our ceremony and our life together as one, including Sarah. As she heard her name being spoken, she giggled in my mother's lap. My parents were ready to spoil her rotten right now.

As I stood here, the guys brought a long drape that will cover my side while I'm ushered to sit on my side of the small stage. From the sunlight casting against the window of the house, I could see her shadow on the other side, taking a seat. Irfan asked Luna's wali to come forward, and I watched Mr. Carlyle step in front of our drape to stand at attention.

He was very welcoming when we met each other in person moments ago.

"You're tall, son. You're taller than I thought," Lawrence said after shaking my hand.

"Thank you, Mr. Carlyle," I told him, gazing at my father as he walked around the living room and met Darren and Sue.

"Lawrence, Amir. You are welcome to call me by my name," he insisted. It was a force of habit of mine to be courteous. "So, how do you feel? Your nerves still shaken?"

I chuckled and nodded. "I'll feel better once we get all of this started. I wonder how your daughter is doing up there."

"Well, Elizabeth went up there to check on everyone. They're all getting their makeup and hair done, I suppose." He paused for a moment and then gave me a stern look. "I had a question for you about your faith."

"Sure. Ask away."

"It's about Luna. She is more spiritual than religious. Would that be something that may bother you down the line? Like, would you insist for her to convert to Islam?"