·Chapter Thirty-Two·

*Luna*

*Luna*

I LEFT WITH SERGEANT DECKER and walked down the corridor, spotting the same girl from earlier.  She was deemed Red, so that meant I probably wouldn't get to meet her. I pondered what she was here for? How can I get out?  I hoped that I could see my sister and daughter later. I hated for them to see me here, but it is what it is. 

We reached the door to my room, 707 (like my birthday), and my eyes traveled the dorm-like space, then landed on the bed with a new set of clothes folded. My brain was still reeling from all that was going on here, and after throwing on a set of black jogging pants and a gray cotton shirt, they felt soothing around my body. These were mine from home. I guess Chase brought them. I almost felt like ripping them back off, but I decided against it. 

I needed them. 

Anything was better than the hospital gown that was soaked and nasty with my sweat. Instead of dwelling on all the things wrong with this place, which would most likely cause me to flip out and get myself deemed Red or Orange, I sucked this life in and focused on the bigger picture. Visits from my family. Food. Luxuries. Privileges. Telepathic visits with friends.

The room was small, a good two hundred feet, with tile that covered the floor and ceiling. The floor was cold under my feet, and I didn't even have shoes or sandals. Chase didn't even bother to keep a set of shoes here for me, because wanted to be a bigger ass than he already was. Bastard.

The double bed was attached to the wall, and a tiny end table sat beside it with a small dresser in the corner. A tiny TV was mounted to the wall above the dresser, and it looked like a continuous program about this place was playing, which I ignored. I didn't care.

As I trailed my gaze around the room, I spotted a sliding door across from the bed and realized it was another room. Running toward it, I placed the tips of my fingers on the doorframe and cautiously opened it, hoping there weren't any surprises coming my way. 

There wasn't. No shocks. No medicine being pushed through the vents. Nothing. It was safe.

Inside was a small bathroom with just a toilet and a sink. I guess their showers are public. Great. I liked my privacy when I took showers. This sucked.

I walked back to my new bed and sat down. Trying not to think of anything unpleasant, I let my mind go exactly where my heart was, where I'd been desperately yearning to grasp. 

Amir. 

Settling up in the corner with my legs up and arms wrapped around my knees, I exhaled a deep breath, thinking about the beautiful person he was. I didn't have to piece him together because his soul was perfect.