·Chapter Eighteen Part 2·

*Luna*

*Luna*

As I placed a few flower seeds in my rosebush and garden, I chatted on the phone with Liberty about my Memorial Day plans. It had been two days since Amir and I last saw each other. We'd just confessed our love for one another and had a huge revelation revealed to us by Faisal. It felt like it was a slap in the face, but then I got a hold of myself and realized that I couldn't control the effects of what would happen if I were in the same space as my tethered partner. Our species work in mysterious ways, and this was something we had to live with.

I don't really feel like talking much about the wedding plans that Chase leaked out to my parents and to Liberty. But she and Ahmed were surprised when they heard about it, and she is now excited to make a trip to New Orleans. She really wants to see her little sister get married. They stayed behind in Houston to help with the family restaurant while we moved here. I see her a few times a year and see my parents twice a year.

"I really don't know what we will do yet, Lib, but I will let you know before next Friday."

I'm not sure how I will break things off with Chase and stop the wedding beforehand. I don't want her to make plans and cancel important things at home for us, then be disappointed in the end. Chase wanted to be a gentleman and get my parents blessing first. So this was a lot to take in.

"Okay. You better. I want to plan your bachelorette party as soon as possible," she said, making me laugh. "What are you doing right now?"

"I'm in my garden. Planting flowers. The usual." I chuckled softly and heard her giggle on the other line. Putting her on speaker, I laid my phone down on a brick.

"How's Sarah?"

"She's good," I murmured as I dug up a small hole. "She misses her auntie. How's the business?"

"It's thriving over here. Mom should've stayed."

"I know, but she wanted to go back to London. When was the last time you talked to her?"

Liberty always kept in touch with our mother more than me because she takes after our mother's English heritage and adopted her British accent. And I take after Dad's, who is American.

"Just the other day. She informed me of Chase calling her to arrange a flight for her to come to America for the wedding. But she is hesitant about it. You know we can't convince her to visit the States right now. Everywhere reminds her of Dad."

"I know," I said, shuffling dirt around a flower pot.

Since my parent's separation last year, Mom didn't want to have anything to do with Dad, and the States reminded her of that, of the places they visited or lived in. I couldn't blame her. I understood. He was caught cheating, and she had enough of it. She didn't deserve that, and neither did Chase. But there was one difference between my father and me: the ladies he cheated on her with were there in the flesh and he didn't have regard for his wife's feelings. I do for Chase, and I will do something about it before it's too late. Though, my scenario is different. Amir and I have done nothing and haven't met in person. However, I had cheated on Chase in my heart, and that is what mattered. Emotional cheating is just as heartbreaking.