·Chapter Forty-Eight·

*Amir*

*Amir*

*Seventy-Two Hours Ago*

"Why do you have to leave now?" Faris asked me as I continued packing my things. He was at my house when I felt Luna's soul shattering.

"It's just something that I have to do. Something I need to do." More like someone who I needed to save.

"I don't get it, but okay. You want anyone to go with you?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you offering to keep me company?"

He shrugged and smiled. "I don't have work for another three days. Why not?"

My bedroom door opened slowly, and Faisal popped in.

"Hey man, sorry for barging in," Faisal murmured in my doorway. "I knocked several times and then used your spare key behind the light switch." I stopped what I was doing and glared at him. I showed him that in case of an emergency. He glanced down to my bed and saw my stuff thrown out. "Are you going somewhere?"

"Amir decided that he's just going to up and leave for America," Faris said as he stood near my window while I finished packing my suitcase. Faisal's mouth dropped open.

"What? Are you serious, bro?"

I nodded.

Faris scoffed. "I don't understand. Why now?"

"Dude, trust me, you wouldn't. But I understand why, and I'm excited for Amir." Faisal came over to me and gave me a light hug, then patted me on the back.

Faris sighed. "All right. I guess I should run home and pack, then buy a ticket online."

"You're traveling too?" Faisal asked him, turning his way.

"He and I were just talking about that before you showed up. I haven't agreed to have a travel companion. I just need to get there as soon as possible."

"If you need a travel companion, I'd go with you," Faisal offered.

"Honestly, I already paid for a ticket for you, Faisal," I told him as we stood still next to my bed. "I will need your help with a particular project that I'll be working on."

"Really? When were you going to tell me? You were just going to stop by my house and tell me to go?"

"Am I missing something?" Faris asked, chiming in.