·Chapter Forty-Two·

Just wanted to tell you all thanks for reading and sticking with me.

*Amir*

As Cami and Luna sit on the bench outside Dr. Kim's office, I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed. The nurses stood side by side, looking as if they hated the routine of babysitting two grown women, but they chose this profession, and these girls weren't crazy. Luna and Cami weren't supposed to talk to each other, and they definitely couldn't make eye contact with me. I just stood here until it was their turn. From the looks of it, the log-in sheet showed that Cami was before Luna and the other patient had gone inside before them. I could hear whimpers from Ms. Montgomery and the Commander of this facility who must be doing something to her.

I couldn't tell Luna everything I knew about her dream. I didn't want to worry her, or keep her more on edge than she already was. I tapped into her mind and saw myself being taken down. I felt the taser hit my body, like I was there in the flesh. I felt the shock scatter through my veins and slam hard inside my chest. I wasn't sure why Luna would fear that they knew about our species, because if that were the case, many people would be in trouble. I actually saw her dream from the beginning where she was bought into the office to be told that she will undergo another round of shock treatments. She was shown on the camera talking to me, and to them it appeared like I was a vampire; my reflection wasn't shown.

I would like for Faisal to be here for Cami, but he was in the lab with Cassie while they continue to perform his miracle elixir. He was almost close to making it work, and I couldn't wait to tell Luna about it. And what will surprise her even more is that when he has the antidote ready, that is when I'll inject it first and come straight to this place, busting my woman and Cami out of here.

Finally, Faisal appeared at our side and held Cami's hand. She tried to look as if she was staring down to the ground, so she didn't cause alarm for herself. He smiled lovingly to her, and I quietly thought to myself that I hoped their connection continues once she was in the outside world. I know he's devoted to her and wouldn't leave. He had a good heart, despite his immaturity sometimes.

He kissed her hand and stood back up, whispering into her ear. Then he came to stand next to me, greeting me. "Assalamualaikum."

"Walaikumasalam."

"What's going on here?" he asked as he glanced over at Cami.

"Cami and Luna are being brought into the doctor's office. There's another patient in there right now." I usher him away a few steps so Luna and Cami couldn't hear me. "That patient sounds like she's in pain. I can't exactly draw attention to the situation without scaring the girls."

He slightly nodded back, looking around the hallway. "I see."

"Cami's turn is next, so when she goes in, stay by her side and see what that doctor says. I will do the same for Luna." He nodded.