The Badge and Bishop

"Oh hello! You must be Ziva!" Bishop walked in, holding out her hand. "Tony and McGee have told me all about you," she said with a smile, and looked down.

"They have?" Ziva asked with a chuckle, taking her hand.

Bishop laughed. "You're famous!" she blurted, and then cleared her throat awkwardly.

Ziva raised her eyebrows and smiled. "I'm glad to have met you," she confided, and turned towards Tony.

Bishop quickly recovered herself and said: "Gibbs sent me in to tell you that he would like to see you before your presentation."

Ziva nodded, said thank you and left the room, shutting the door with a quiet thud and walked towards Gibbs' desk.

When she had finally arrived, Gibbs looked up from his papers, removed his glasses and motioned for her to have a seat.

"You asked to see me..?" she began hesitantly.

"Yes, I wanted to know how you've been," Gibbs offered, sitting back in his chair.

"I'm fine," Ziva remarked. "I couldn't be better."

Gibbs blinked. "What is your presentation about?" he asked, attempting to start a nice conversation.

Ziva seemed to read in between the lines again.

She took a deep breath. "If you are asking for the reason of my visit, I will plainly tell you that I am here to discuss relations between Israel and America. I have founded the largest Israeli Humanitarian Group and would like to ask for financial aid from the US government."

Gibbs turned. "I don't even know if that's possible," he observed, "So why come here?"

Ziva sighed, wringing her hands. "Because," she replied quietly, "I would like my badge back."

A moment of silence passed, and Gibbs stared up at her.

"Rule 12, Ziva. I'm sure it will come into play," he said softly and got back to his work, leaving Ziva hanging.