Gibbs Knew All Along

The suspect was getting away. The entirety of Team Gibbs could see that.

Despite the fact that they had adequate back up and the entire surroundings were blockaded, the suspect had a few tricks up his sleeve, and still managed to evade the NCIS agents.

Sprinting after the suspect that was getting away, Gibbs directed: "Tony! Cover the back, Ziva with me, Bishop with McGee round the front."

The entire team hustled into action. Ziva whipped out her gun, and hurried after Gibbs.

Moaning slightly, she heaved herself forward, not used to the extra weight of the child in her stomach, catching up to Gibbs.

Gibbs could see her struggling as he turned to crane his neck.

"Ziva," he cautioned, looking down at the slight bulge of her belly.

"Don't be afraid to stop when you can no longer go," he said, meeting her gaze.

Ziva dropped her gaze, furrowing her brow, then looked back up at Gibbs.

So he knew.

It wasn't much of a surprise.

Gibbs knew most things.

Ziva sighed, and tried to hide the blatantly obvious fact that rule 12 would come into play.

And soon.

She had to tell Tony before things spiraled out of control.

Hobbling to keep up, Ziva finally stood still, coming to a halt and clutching her belly. She couldn't go any further.

Realizing her limits, she adapted a defensive position instead, hiding in the bushes.

The plan worked out perfectly, and Ziva couldn't help but smile as the suspect came back, ending up in front of her.

Falling perfectly into her trap.

Smirking, Ziva came rushing out of the bushes, gun held high and walked closer to him, taking out her handcuffs.

At the sight of Ziva's gun, the suspect let out an exasperated sigh and slowly raised his hands above his head.

McGee and Bishop entered the scene, followed by a worried looking Gibbs.

But at the comforting sight of Ziva standing intimidatingly next to the handcuffed suspect, he smiled.

She had found her own way.

But didn't she always?