Don't Leave Me

Tony felt as if his entire world had broken down into shambles and exploded before his eyes.

He watched in slow motion as Ziva, fearless as ever, walked slowly, peacefully, and confidently towards the man.

.. saw as the man whipped out his gun and fired a single well aimed shot.

.. watched as the bullet sliced through the air, penetrating the tense air and hitting her.

Ziva.

The impact knocked her off her feet and she fell to the floor, crying out in anguished agony.

The bullet sunk into her flesh and then the world exploded into chaos. Tony ran forward, screaming and kicked the man down to the ground, pinning him on the neck.

"Tony! Stop! GIBBS!!" Bishop cried hysterically, running to alert Gibbs and Ducky.

"How dare you!" Tony vented, pummeling the man.

McGee came sprinting towards him.

"Tony, stop please stop. It's not worth it. Stop! You're killing him," he pleaded.

But Tony continued to beat the man, who screamed desperately for mercy.

After realizing that he would not stop, McGee jumped in between them, and dragged Tony off of him.

"Tony! Stop! Zi. Check on Ziva!" he panted, trying to constrain the fuming Dinozzo.

Tony froze at the sound of her name and turned to see her in a pool of dark blood.

"It's all a bad dream. One big bad dream," he thought silently to himself, shutting his eyes.

"Ziva!"

Gibbs came running over, handcuffing the man in a sudden move, Ducky wheezing to keep up behind him.

Palmer followed suite, bringing all the heavy equipment.

"Ziva!? Ziver, listen to me. Can you hear me?"

Gibbs knelt down next to her, and Ducky began to peel off her jacket and shirt to reveal a bloody wound. Ziva moaned.

"Come on, Ziva! Stay with me!" Gibbs demanded, holding her hand.

Tony had regained himself and crawled over to Ziva.

It couldn't be true.

She had to live.
If she died... He would never forgive himself. It would be all his fault.

"Oh Zi," he whispered, tears in his eyes.

"Don't leave me."