Telling Tony

Ziva squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath.

She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, and found the beat oddly calming.

"Tony," she began, staring into his eyes, "I didn't think this would happen."

Tony frowned, worried sick, and took Ziva's hands into his own. The wrinkles in his face were ceased with apprehension.

"Zi," Tony whispered. "What happened?"

"Just promise me, Tony. Promise me you won't leave, that we can get through this together."

Ziva felt a tear roll down her cheek.

"Promise me that everything will be all right." Her voice caught, and she broke off.

Tony stared intently into her eyes.

"Life throws the unexpected at us all the time. We must accept it," he murmured, and then put his arms around her waist.

Feeling the bump on her stomach, he finally caught on.

"It's mine isn't it?" he asked, running his hands over her belly.

"Ours," Ziva whispered.

All the shock finally took its toll onto Tony, who stood frozen, his arms draped around her protectively.

Then a smile broke into his face, small at first, finally stretching to his entire face.

"Oh Ziva," he whispered, reaching in for a kiss.

"Tony," she replied, leaning towards him.

Their lips met, and their love was officially sealed.

And that was when they learned that true love does not just happen, and it certainly isn't easy.

But once it is found, it can never be replaced.

Never.