Learning to Live Again

~Awesome clips of Ziva being a badass haha

NCIS Headquarters

The elevator let out a shrill ding and opened its doors, revealing a hyped Tony Dinozzo.

"McWorry, you should've come over yesterday. 'I would've made you an omelet you can't refuse'- Brando. Vito. The Godfather. It was perfect," Dinozzo grinned and sauntered in.

"Yes, that's right- I had a movie marathon Sunday," he continued. "I had to enlighten myself again. Al Pacino's acting. Muy perfecto!"

McGee turned: "Tony, my ears have learned to filter all your movie talk out. I don't want to waste my brain cells listening to you and your movies."

Dinozzo pretended to look taken back.

"McDeaf, one day you'll finally realize what you've been missing out on and you'll come back to-"

McGee's gasp cut him off.

"What is it?" he asked.

McGee didn't meet his gaze.

"You may want to check your email," he stuttered, playing with his eraser.

"McGee? Why? What happened?"

Apprehensively, his stomach a churning mass, Tony began to click away at his computer and finally opened up the only unread message in his inbox.

It read:

To whom it will concern,

NCIS is pleased to inform you of the arrival of guest speaker Ms. Ziva David on the effects of violence and American humanitarian efforts in Israel. She will arrive promptly at 10:00 on Monday, June 6th 2015 to discuss relations. I expect that we welcome and treat her with upmost hospitality and respect like any other guest.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Dr. Vance

Silence lay over the NCIS headquarters like a blanket. The shock took a few moments to get over. Then Tony's mind began to whirl, his gears clinking and clanking away.

"Ziva," he managed to finally say.

McGee turned. "Yes, that is her name," he said slowly, stating the obvious.

"I know, McObvious. I just.." Tony tried again: "It's just... I thought she never wanted to come back. And now she's here again," he stuttered, turning pale. He clenched his hand around the mouse.

"Tony, are you sure you're okay?" McGee asked. "You don't want me to bring you a glass of water or anything?"

"McGee, I'm fine," he boomed.

"Your choice," McGee answered, and then checked his watch. "It's almost ten o'clock, we should probably go downstairs to escort our guest up," he decided.

They walked towards the elevator and waited for it to arrive. When the doors finally opened, they revealed a stone faced Gibbs and a beautiful young women.

A flash of recognition passed over Tony's face. Ziva.

She had pulled her luscious locks back into a high ponytail and her eyes, accented by a little mascara, shone like jewels in the dim light.

"Oh!" McGee exclaimed. "We were just coming for her," he explained tongue twisted to Gibbs who stared him down and gave him a hard "love tap" on the back of his head. Tony stayed silent.

"Hello Mr. Dinozzo, Mr. McGee," Ziva said stiffly, holding out her hand politely and averting her eyes.

Tony and McGee shook her hand in a polite gesture. Gibbs turned towards them again.

"I'm glad you got the memo. Looks like Ms. David will be staying with us for a while to talk about relationships between Israel and America," he said.

"Oh," said Tony, catching her eyes. For a moment, they stared into each others' eyes, but Ziva looked away quickly, his gaze too intense for her.

"Tony, why don't you show Ms. David around? Catch up on things?" Gibbs asked, clearly hinting to the obvious.

"Yeah, of course boss, of course, right away," Tony answered quickly.