Released from the Hospital

It took 2 weeks for Ziva to be released from the hospital.

When the time finally came, the doctor was still hesitant to let her go.

But Ziva, stubborn as a mule, insisted that she was fine, and that being at home would be better for her.

"I'm only being bothersome, lying here," she protested, heaving herself up out of her bed.

The doctor sighed. "Ms. David, you have suffered a serious injury. You still need to recover."

Ziva gave her a death stare, and slumped back into her bed.

"But.." the doctor continued, "There has been an exception. If you feel fit enough to leave, the door is open."

She gestured toward the open door. Ziva jumped out of her bed, forgetting about her injury, and then winced in pain.

The doctor ran to her side to support her.

"I'm not feeling to sure about this.." she trailed off.

Ziva turned. "I'm leaving," she decided pointedly.

"Your choice," the doctor agreed. "But you must stay with a friend. I will not allow you to slip and fall and kill yourself by accident."

"Fine," Ziva compromised, "I'll sleep at Tony's."

After telling Gibbs, he did not even object to her going to Tony's place.

In fact, he agreed with it. He wanted to see her out of the hospital and healthy.

She had been hurt too many times.

But with Tony, at least she would be safe.

That was the most important thing.

Rule 12 would come later.