Back to the Hospital

"I swear Ziva, you spend more time in the hospital than-" Tony cut off.

"Than whom?" Ziva's snappy response came.

"Than the doctors who work here," he mocked, turning.

Ziva opened her mouth in outrage. "I do not!" she fired back.

"Do to," Tony argued, smiling.

Ziva shook her head in distress.

The nurse walked in, carrying her clipboard. "I wouldn't annoy the pregnant lady," she warned, a smile playing on her face.

Ziva smirked, and the nurse continued.

"You can call me Aubrey."

Tony pretended to sound out her name. Aubrey ignored him.

"Based on our tests, your baby will be due in three months time," she informed, reading off of her clipboard. "As soon as the water breaks, make sure you get to the hospital immediately."

Ziva nodded. "And?" she probed, "Is it a boy or a girl?"

Tony leaned over to Ziva and took her slender fingers into his hands and gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

The nurse smiled. "Are you ready?" she asked, gazing up at the anticipating couple.

They nodded.

"Are you sure?" the nurse pestered.

Tony let out an exasperated sigh. "YES!" he asserted, "Come on, the suspense is killing me!"

Ziva laughed. "After all you've been through, you'd die now on me?" she asked.

Tony shook his head. "I'd probably wait until I met Leonardo DiCaprio," he pondered, tilting his head.

Ziva punched him in the shoulder. Aubrey laughed. Then she paused and blurted:

"It's a girl."

There was a moment of silence. Tony's eyes twinkled. Ziva kissed Tony and squealed.

A girl.
Ziva felt happier than she ever had.

She began to brainstorm names...