Home Again

"Mr. Dinozzo," Ziva chortled playfully as Tony opened the door to his apartment, and they walked inside reaching his bedroom.

Tony looked up, pocketing his keys.

"Your bedroom is immaculate," she noted, astonishment in her eyes.

"You sound surprised," Tony observed, his eyebrow raised.

"I did not expect it," Ziva admitted.

A smile played on Tony's lips.

"You can sleep here, on this side of the bed," he stated, "I'll sleep on the other side."

Ziva nodded her head, and lay down to rest. She was exhausted from the car ride, and in need of a rest.

"I think I will get some shut- eye," she informed him.

"Okay, ma cherie," Tony whispered, pulling the sheets over her.

*

Weeks passed, and the seasons began to change. The air turned crisp, and the leaves fell, dancing, to the ground, blanketing the Earth in an orange, yellow, and red foliage.

One morning, the gang sat at the NCIS headquarters reviewing a case.

"Ziva," Gibbs commanded, "Talk to me."

Ziva stood up, and started informing him: "Jeremy Philips Jr., last seen October 3rd at a motel in Burbank. He abandoned his car, a red Dodge Avenger, and is now on the run. The blood stains we found in the trunk belonged to none other than-" she cut off abruptly, and put her hand to her head, breathing hard.

Gibbs looked up. "Ziva? Are you okay?"

Tony looked concerned. "Zi, you look a little pale."

Ziva was breathing deeply and unevenly.

Shakily, she regained herself.

"I am fine," she said, diverting her eyes, "I just feel a little nauseous."

"Why don't you sit down?" McGee suggested.

"McGee. I am fine."

Suddenly, Ziva covered her mouth with the back of her hand and ran, sprinting to the bathroom.

"ZIVA! Wait up!" Tony shouted, running after her.

But Ziva wouldn't listen. She threw open the bathroom door, and hunched herself over the sink. Tony followed her.

"Ziva? What happened?"

Ziva breathed loudly through her mouth.

"I don't know. I just feel a little nauseous. It's probably nothing," she winced.

Tony looked over at her.

"Nothing?" he asked.

"I am fine," Ziva said, heaving herself up, and massaging her aching temples.

"Let's just get back to work."

Tony sighed.