Eddie Van Halen #1

My body jerked all at once, yanking me out of my dreams with such force that every time I blinked I saw the images again. Tear began to well in my eyes as I sat up and shook my head. Trying to collect my breath again, the feeling of Eddie turning over beside me startled me. 

I froze for a moment. My still-asleep mind trying to process that he was beside me. I sighed once it registered, and smiled softly. 

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" His groggy voice came to my ears. 

His hand moved to rest on my thigh in the dark. His warm touch enough to make a tear fall from my eye. I quickly wiped the others away, replying, "nothing."

He sat up, pulling me to him gently as if he was trying not to scare me. He kissed my hair.

"I- I had a nightmare." I finally said. 

"What?" He chuckled, moving to look at my face through the dark. "What about?"

I sighed and leaned into him, just happy to feel his arms around me. To smell the sleep on his skin. His wild hair tickling my neck I was even happy to feel. 

"Was it the one about Alex winning Ms. America? 'Cause I have that one a lot."

"What?" I huffed a breath of laughter, looking to face him. "You dream about your brother?"

I could see the cheeky grin he had plastered on his face from the light of a street lamp just barely coming through the bedroom window. 

"No, I have nightmares about my brother."

I gave a full laugh that time, feeling myself relax. A few seconds went by before I pulled away and sat criss-cross in front of him. He smiled again as I pulled the covers over my shoulders.

"Okay..." I gave another uncomfortable, stalling laugh, trying to word this dream. I opened my mouth to talk, with nothing but a squeak coming out. I bit my lip and my head slumped down to my lap. Eddie chuckled again. 

"Take your time, baby."

I nodded, taking a deep breath in. "I... umm... I had a dream that- that I lost you... and not like lost you in the store, I mean like... lost..."

Eddie didn't say anything. He reached out and tangled his fingers with mine, his eyes looking down at our hands. A couple minutes passed and he still hadn't said anything. 

"Well, that was, uhh..."

"Heavy?" He asked.

"Yeah."

He held his arms out and I practically leap into them. I sighed in relief as he wrapped his arms around me tightly, dragging me between his legs, and putting his chin on my shoulder. The feeling of his heartbeat calmed me again as I struggled to fight back the memory of the dream. I turned my head up to the ceiling, Eddie put his cheek on my shoulder and kissed my neck while his hands ran up and down the length of my arms. 

Eddie pulled us back against the pillows and I snuggled to his side. His arms wrapped around my waist, his thumb rubbing circles into the fabric of my t-shirt. His lips pressed against my forehead just as I furrowed my brows. 

"You dream about Alex winning Ms. America?"

We giggled like a couple of teenagers before Eddie said, "Be quiet, (Y/N)."

The slow, rhythmic pattern of his heart lulled me to close my eyes. I fought sleep for a good few minutes until I couldn't fight it anymore. 

"I love you..." I mumbled, not completely sure if the words had left my thoughts. 

"I love you too." He replied.

~~~~~~~

2020 is just ridiculous, guys. 

This one's for Eddie. You are loved, and will be missed ❤

R.I.P (1955- 2020)