Kurt Cobain #2

Yes I put a gif this time- JUST LOOK AT HIM! I couldn't just leave out the majority of that smile.

This was another request. Just some Kurt x reader fluff, which, I agree, there's not many out there. Not sure exactly how fluffy this is but I got you guys, don't worry ❤

This is a bit unrelated, but definitely go read chemical world by classicrockdreams (love you girl). I couldn't stop reading it was so good. Short and sweet, definitely a must read. 

Also, my spelling is strange isn't it. I don't entirely conform to British English and I don't entire conform to American English. They just kinda mush together sometimes. 

Anyway, now back to scheduled programming 

~~~~~~~

"Where is he?" I mumbled to myself. 

I sat on the deck of the hotel's pool, staring down into the pristine water. It swirled slowly, the underwater lights projecting baby blue reflections on my arms, but it was eerily calm. Gently, I reached down and dipped my fingers in the stillness, sending out the smallest ripples with a light smirk. 

Sighing, I stood. My bare feet padded across the damp concrete as I took careful steps around the edge of the pool. I crossed my arms, then resumed staring at the calming water. 

"Honestly, he's probably forgotten all about-"

A scream ripped through me as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. As if a rug was being yanked out from underneath our feet, the stranger and I plummeted into the pool, creating an incredible splash. 

I quickly pushed to the surface, the air in my lungs insufficient to keep me under for much longer than I had already been. A wicked chuckle greeted me as I surfaced, but it was drowned out by my gasping for air. 

"I shoulda known." I huffed, being met with Kurt's mischievous gaze. 

"I thought I would suprise you." He laughed. 

"No shit. I'll say you did it." I laughed with him. 

We slowly bobbed toward the shallow end of the pool, my hands on his shoulders and his hands on my waist. 

"I wanted to surprise you too. I bought this dress just for you."

"Why, so I could take it off?"

"No, 'cause it was your favourite colour, and I thought it was nice." 

The whiny tone in my voice made Kurt laugh just slightly louder than he already had. He pulled a soaked strand on hair from my face and said, "yeah, well you know what I think?"

"What?"

"Wet, on you, is my favourite colour."

I shoved my hand through the surface water, immediately dousing my long-haired lover. A deep chuckle once again escaped his lips before he took a firm hold on me:

"Don't start a war you don't intend to fight."

I stuck my tongue out at him long enough to taste the water that he shoved toward me. 

Squealing, I returned fire, and we engaged ourselves in a full out water fight. I still think I won. Calling fish out of water seems like a legitimate accusation- enough to have my opponent forfeit his victory anyway. 

Kurt slipped back into the water, his sopping hair falling over his crystal blue eyes. Gently taking me into his arms, he leaned back and sat on the stairs of the pool. He let out a breath of laughter, and took my trembling chin between his thumb and forefinger. 

"Are you cold?" I asked through chattering teeth. 

"No... are you?"

"That's a dumb question." I laughed, swallowing nothing. "I'm always cold."

"Then let's go inside. I don't plan on staying out here all night."

..........

"Why, Eric, run away with you?" I quoted, insync with the film. I laid my head on Kurt's chest, dramatically spreading myself across the top of the bed. "This is all so... so sudden."

He laughed at me and rolled his eyes. I craed my neck up to look at him, and he laughed some more:

"You're such a dork." He told me. 

"You turned it on. You knew what was coming." I defended myself as the music score of the movie turned serious. 

"I did walk right into that."

"Is it true you rescued a human from drowning?" I picked up where I left off. "But, Daddy, I had to-" I changed voices as I went. "Contact between the human world and the mer-world is strictly forbidden. Ariel, you know that! Everyone knows that- 

"But he would have died!

"One less human to worry about!

"You don't even know him!"

"(Y/N), stop," Kurt chuckled, putting a hand over his face while I continued. 

"Know him? I don't have to know him! They're all the same! Spineless, savage, harpooning fish eaters!"

"Damn-"

"Incapable of any feelings-"

"But, Daddy I love him!" I screamed, realising seconds later that Kurt had yelled it with me.

This made me bust out into an obnoxious cackling fit that nearly had me falling off the bed. 

"That-that is what you chose to quote?" I asked. 

"You were taking all the other lines." He shrugged, pulling me back up to onto the bed. 

I shook my still-drying hair back and forth like a dog, then settled down, crawling under the covers and propping myself up on Kurt's shoulder. He followed my actions, switching the lamp off before leaning his head on mine. 

As I let out a small yawn, a light shiver ran through me. Kurt turned and kissed my hair, murmuring, "You wasted all your energy quoting the movie, didn't you?"

Feeling my eyes flutter shut, I took a deep breath and replied, "shut up."

Once again, he chuckled. He reached for the remote and turned the television down. He pulled me closer to his chest and sighed gently. 

"You can turn it off." I told him. 

"No, it's okay. You go to sleep."

I didn't respond, I was too far gone to even open my eyes again. That's alright. It wasn't the first time I fell asleep during our movie nights. 

~~~~~~~

Strange way to end it, sorry. I hope you enjoyed :)