"I have a plan, Sam." John says.

"That's exactly my point! Dean is dying and you have a plan! You know what, you care more about killing this demon than you do saving your own son!" Sam shouts.

"Do not tell me how I feel! I am doing this for Dean... and for Evie." John says.

"How? How is revenge going to help him or my kid? You're not thinking about anybody but yourself, it's the same selfish obsession!"

"You know, it's funny, I thought it was your obsession too! This demon killed your mother, killed your girlfriend. You begged me to be part of this hunt. Now if you'd killed that damn thing when you had the chance, none of this would have happened."

"It was possessing you, dad, I would have killed you too."

"Yeah, and your brother would be awake right now."

"Go to Hell."

"I should have never taken you along in the first place. I knew it was a mistake, I knew it was wrong--

John is cut off by the glass of water he had being thrown to the floor and breaking. Nurses and doctors start running by in the hallway.

"Something's going on out there." John says, motioning for Sam to go find out.

+++

Evie jumps when the door to the small room opens, tears still streaming down her face. The yellow eyed demon walks in, smiling at her.

"How's my favorite special child's child?" The demon asks. Evie backs up until her back is against the wall. "What to do with you.."

The demon puts his hand on her shoulder before stroking her hair a few times and placing that hand on her other shoulder. He squats so they're at the same eye level.

"I can smell you... unfortunately you're not as special as your daddy." The demon says. Evie whimpers in fear, not even completely sure what's happening or what's going to happen. She just wants her dad.

"I could make you as special as him, though. But I believe you're not strong enough to have it. You take more after your precious, little mommy. You're useless. Glad I didn't put any of my blood in you. Rather it's in you or not because of Sammy, well... not enough to make you like him. Much more human blood."

The demon lets go of her and watches her continue to sob.

The demon gets ready to kill her, but stops.

"Hold that thought." The demon says, leaving the room.

+++

John goes into the boiler room of the hospital, carrying the duffel bag Sam brought back. He walks to a clear space and puts the bag down. He makes a large symbol on the floor out of chalk. After finishing that, he places and lights several candles and a black bowl around it. He begins reciting something in Latin.

While chanting, he cuts his palm open and lets his blood drip into the bowl. He lights a match and drops it in the bowl as it flares before going out.