Chapter 2: New Perspectives

Present Day

3rd POV

Every day it was the same routine for Natsu. He wakes up slowly late in the afternoon. Happy is always gone into town or already at the guild hall enjoying his new found company with Carla. Things slowly came into a regular rhythm, something that Natsu always hated, but this was something he couldn't avoid nor fix.

There were no more adventures with team Natsu. Natsu refused to continue with a missing person in their group, and neither Erza nor Gray couldn't seem to find a balance within themselves to be able to work properly with Lucy gone. She wasn't around to keep the three of them in check, and Happy was never his usual self.

In short, nothing was the same. With them or the guild.

Losing a member always came hard to the guild of Fairy Tail, but as the days went on, the searches stopped, their hopes withered, and they all eventually grew tired.

Without a body, they couldn't for sure declare her dead, but for most it felt wrong to not announce something, or to do something to group everyone together one last time to finally say, that maybe Lucy isn't ever coming back.

A funeral with an empty casket was held and buried into the ground. 

Natsu didnt go. 

Happy begged him to go, to at least show face and make respects to the choice that the guild made not to give up on her, but at least put her to rest. Natsu refused, exclaiming that Lucy was out there somewhere and he would not stop searching if it were the last thing he were to do.

Gray didn't bother trying to reach Natsu and force him to go, because a part of him agreed, or at least understood what he felt or thought. Erza didn't try her regular tactics to force him to do her bidding, because she too could understand that Natsu was in pain.

Someone so dear to him disappeared, and he couldn't do anything to bring her back.

Everyone felt his guilt. They shared it with him.

No one wanted to give up, but no one wanted Lucy's spirit to never rest, if there was a spirit at least.

When Natsu walks through the guild doors, everything seems as normal as they could seem. The atmosphere shifts a little as he walks through but everyone minds their own business. They know not to pester him, or to ask a bunch of questions of where he's been.

He's either home or working to keep his mind occupied.

It was during the time of adjustment when Natsu realized that Lucy's absence meant more than just the loss of a friend. As they days passed on, and the more time he spent alone in the dark of his bedroom, he realized the feelings he was experienced were none other than heartbreak.

He had loved Lucy without realizing it, and now she was gone.

Natsu grabbed the first job pamphlet he saw without bothering to look at it and gave it to Mira. She hesitantly grabbed the paper and with a saddened smile she drew out the paperwork to confirm the job and handed it to Natsu.

"Be safe." She says in a calm voice to which Natsu nods to in response. He turns on his heal and heads into town to the train station and buys his first set of tickets. 

He decided to go alone this time around, for he much rather liked being alone nowadays. He took his seat on a train in a secluded area and looked out the window and waited until the train began to move.

Natsu was always to sad to be motion sick. Instead he spends anytime he has on a train weeping to himself if he was alone. If Happy were with him, he'd put on the most stoic face he could muster until he had a chance to hide.

To him time goes by slower. Ten minutes feel like hours and hours feel like days. Without having he's cherished blonde friend next to him, things weren't the same. They weren't as enjoyable nor did they ever matter to him.

If Lucy wasn't there, He didn't want to be there either.

Lucy doesn't exist in his world anymore, so why would he want to exist in a world without her?

The train came to a stop and Natsu grabbed his travel bag and walked exited off of the box cart. 

His mission came and went. He arrived at the clients house, got the information he needed, and completed everything he needed to do before nightfall. He collected his reward, and was right back at the train station buying his ticket home.

The next train back to magnolia wasn't until another house so Natsu walked around the station visiting some of the food stands and souvenir shops to bring something home for happy.

Out of the blue, a familiar sent filled Natsu's nose and he stopped in his tracks. He whipped his head in several different directions as he sniffs the air. The scent was familiar but different, but he knew the smell enough to know who it was.

Lucy.

He's on high alert as he searches the crowd, looking left and right for the brown eyed beauty hes missed so much.

He shouts her name as he runs through the station, following the scent he knew all to well. He then sees someone about to board a train, a girl hidden behind a hooded cloak. He swears its her and runs as fast as he can.

But he doesn't make it as he watches the mystery girl board the train that is now enroute to its destination. The scent trail stops as Natsu slows his running and stands. The people around him stares at him in bewilderment.

It was just an illusion, he thought. The scent trail stopped when he reached the train, and it didn't continue like it should've when the train left.

His hopes were shattered again as he walks back to where his train should be arriving.

He swore it was real. But there was no Lucy around to prove that she was there. Just a scent trail that no longer exist and just a girl in a cloak that could have been anyone.

God, did he miss her.

He cried all the way home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I updated, who would've thought! I can't believe I almost left this behind. Maybe if I'm still up too it, I will rewrite my other stories to! Thanks so much for reading!

Vote 

Comment

Follow

She's A Dragon Slayer (Nalu)(EDITING)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें