Chapter 2

Lucy's POV

As I walk slowly through the forest, I place my keys back into their case. I'm all scratched up from fighting monsters that keep randomly appearing.

You're getting closer.

The voice calls again, getting louder the deeper I go into the forest. I enter an open area and look around.

You're here, now look behind you.

I do what the voice tells me to do and turn around. I fall back at what walks out of the woods. "Please don't be afraid." The one behind the voice reveals himself, quite frankly I'm shocked. 

"I-I-Igneel?" I stutter while crawling backward. 

"Please don't be afraid child," he says softly, trying not to scare me more than he had, being a large dragon after all. "Lucy, I have come to take you with me," Igneel said as he kneeled towards me. 

"What do you want from me? I'm not special." I say as I get off the ground. "Why take me?"

"To make babies." I look at him with wide eyes, about to turn and make a run for it.
"Kidding," Igneel said with a wide grin, wider than Natsu's. Now I know where he gets his weird sense of humor and his weird perverted side.

I sigh with relief at the innocent joke. But what does Igneel want from me? "I have brought you here tonight so I can take you back to my homeland and teach you dragon slayer magic," Igneel says as he lays on the ground.

"But why do you want to teach me?" I asked confused, 

"I have heard that you want to learn more magic so you can help your friends and not be a burden," Igneel says. I want that so much, I don't want everyone thinking I'm a burden cause I'm not much help. "I'll leave you alone to decide," Igneel said as he stood up from the ground. 

"Wait! What about Natsu and the others?" I asked while running forward to face Igneel. 

"You will leave everything behind, including your friends and home for three years." I stay silent for a moment and thought. "I will return though, right?" I asked. 

"Only if you wish too." Of course, I'm going to come back, Fairy Tail is my home.

"Ok, I'll go with you and return back to Magnolia in three years, but only on one condition," I explain, still facing Igneel. 

"And what will that be child?" Igneel asks while raising a scaled eyebrow. 

"When I return, you come with me and see Natsu. You will be surprised by how much he talks about you. He really misses you." I tell Igneel. He nods.

"I accept the condition. Climb on my back and we will head back to my homeland where you will learn Dragon Slayer magic.." As Igneel was about to take off I stopped him. 

"Wait! What if the others try to find me?" I asked. 

"I will cut off your sent here, but the others might assume you are dead." I nod in response and igneel took off. Flying towards a land covered in lava and volcanos.

Natsu's POV

It has been a full 24 hours and Lucy is nowhere to be found. Could she be sick? Maybe I should check on her. Or maybe not. "Hey Natsu, you look a little pale, is everything ok?" Mira asks walking over, giving me something to drink. 

"Yes, I'm ok... Just thinking is all." I say chugging my drink.

"Are you thinking about someone?" Mira cooed as she leaned forward on the counter. 

"I'm not thinking about anyone!" I exclaim nervously, I slouch in my seat. "Lucy.." I blush.

"Awe!, Are you ever going to tell her how you feel?" Mira asks with stars in her eyes. She scares me sometimes. 

"I don't think I can," I say, looking off to the side. 

"Why's that?" Mira asks, now looking sad. "She's my partner, my best friend. What if being in a relationship more than that makes things worse? I don't even know if she feels the same way." I explain to Mira. She sighs and then smiles. 

"I understand the struggle but you never know till you try. How about you go check on her since your so worried about her." Mira says, I nod and thank her for the advice and head out the door.

I ran down the street, trying to get to Lucy's as fast as I can. I sniffed for her scent as I got closer. I reach the apartment complex and climb up the wall to get to Lucy's window on the second floor. "Lucy?" I called for her but she wasn't in her apartment. I sniff for her and he sent leads to outside. "What the was she doing outside in the middle of the night," I said to myself as I ran into the east forest to look for Lucy.

As I run deeper I reach the end of the trail of her scent. I look around for her but she's nowhere to be found. "What the hell." I think for a second. "No.. she can't be.."

Could she be.... dead?

Edited