Chapter 52 - You are my... family

After confirming that the trio hadn't received any injuries, they were escorted to the station for further proceedings.

If in the previous incident, Cordia Aris was just a passerby, then this time, that was no longer the case. This matter had directly escalated from an accident to an attack on the leadership of the city.

To make the matter even worse, not only was their young city lord implicated, but the issue also involved a high personage considered as a foreign diplomat - the vice-city lord of Astarea, Astar Levi.

With his involvement, this matter was no longer a domestic issue but an intercity one.

Thus, the trio was now sitting in leather chairs in the coziest conference room, drinking refreshing beverages as they waited for the department head to see them.

Initially, there were doughnuts too; however, those disappeared within seconds. After all, the trio hadn't managed to eat a single bite before the incident in the restaurant happened.

Seeing his darling rubbing his tummy looking unsatisfied, Levi, without a second thought, opened the light interface of his communicator and ordered food delivery to the station.

The officer who kept them company but was treated like air by one furious Levi: "..." QAQ '...um ... esteemed sir... food delivery to the station isn't allowed due to issues with security...!'

Levi, who was also a peacekeeper himself and knew the regulations clearly: 'You think your shitty regulations are more important than my baby's hunger?! Simply absurd!' 凸(`0')凸

And speaking of people treated like air...

The long-forgotten sister, that was on her way to the restaurant to eat lunch with her fiancé and little brother, but was called away again on an emergency:

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

'I swear, someone must be plotting against me! What's next?! Will I be called off on an emergency on my wedding day too!?!'

Levi: 'That... would actually be great! Thanks!' 👍

...

"Brother, I'm sorry about involving you in all of this," Noah lowered his head dejectedly, his ruffled locks of hair creating an image of drooping cat ears. "You came all the way here to relax and have some fun... yet..."

Levi could resist the devastating image no longer; his hand entangled itself in Noah's silky hair, gently stroking his head, "It's not your fault."

Noah let out a soft sigh, "I know. But as a future city lord of Concordia, this is something that falls within my area of responsibility." His drooping head rose and turned to give Levi a sad look, "It seems I won't be able to have fun with you today. I need to look into what is really happening in the city."

"Mn, let's go." Levi hummed and continued to rub Noah's head very contentedly.

Noah's large eyes widened, and it took him several seconds to get past Levi's nonchalant tone to the implied meaning within, "Brother wants to go together?"

Levi nodded quietly as if it was only natural.

Noah tried to dissuade him, "It is rare for you to get some time off and you should use it to relax and enjoy yourself. Accompanying me in this won't be enjoyable nor relaxing, in fact, it will probably be stressful and dangerous!"

'How do you expect me to rest in peace, knowing my baby is doing something dangerous? And where do you think I'd rather be than by my baby's side?' yet, the only thing Levi could speak out loud was: "It will be less dangerous if we are together."