Chapter 32 - Dare make life difficult for my baby? Off with their heads!

Levi didn't miss any of Noah's little expressions and mannerisms, so he immediately noticed how the other was glancing towards the butter, which was just out of his reach. With his eyes both gentle and sparkling with amusement, Levi picked it up and moved it in front of his little darling.

Noah's eyes lit up, and he looked at Levi with a mix of appreciation, gratitude, and what Levi would like to think to be adoration. Levi felt himself melting into a puddle under his precious darling's 'loving' gaze. Ah, ah, he had indeed been living life wrong for the past 24 years!! Now, THIS was how life should be like!

Cordia mommy glanced at the two harmonious boys, and her sharp motherly instincts caught on to something...peculiar. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but there was something strange in the air? 🤔

Cordia daddy, on the other hand, was too busy scrolling through the news on the light screen projected by his communicator to pay attention to how his son was getting 'the little wife treatment' from his son-in-law.

"Oh, honey, are you alright? I heard about what happened yesterday." Cordia mommy remembered what she had wanted to talk to her son about yesterday, but didn't get the chance to because Noah was out late and then just went straight to bed after coming back.

"That's right, what happened?" Cordia daddy put down his work for a moment to concentrate on his beloved son. The fact that spoke clearest about how busy the city lord was is that Noah got into an incident yesterday, yet the man only now asked him about it.

Of course, that's because the city lord was well informed about everything that happened in his city and knew that Noah was ok, but still, hearing it from someone else was one thing, hearing it from his son's own mouth was another.

Levi's gaze, which had been glued onto his little darling, snapped to look at his father-in-law. 'What?!? It will soon be 24 hours since the accident, and you still haven't talked to my precious baby about it?!?'

Levi's eyelid started twitching with how much effort he was using to refrain from shooting the man an icy glare. 'What kind of a father are you!? How could you have the time to worry about your overworked daughter and not worry about my precious overworked baby?!? What blatant favoritism!!'

Levi mentally noted down this slip up against his father-in-law. If he still didn't need this father-in-law's approval to be with his precious baby, Levi would have really shown him a piece of his mind! How dare he neglect his precious baby like this?! He'd remember this! (≖_≖)

Father-in-law: I've been wrongfully accused!! QAQ My baby girl was working the whole day while my baby boy was in a good enough of a mood to spend the entire day goofing off! It is obvious which one I should be worried about!!

(ノ꒪Д꒪)ノ︵ ┻━┻

You are clearly the one with blatant favoritism issues, not me!!!

"I'm fine. How c ould I not be when I've got such a good bodyguard?" Noah laughed it off, while not forgetting to put in a good word for this new bodyguard of his.

Levi's head snapped back to his darling, looking wronged. QAQ!!!

Which man liked hearing his precious little darling praise another man in their presence?! More so if that man was a competitor for the said darling's heart?!?

Noticing Levi's look of a kicked puppy, Noah turned his attention to placate this cute brother-in-law.

"What is it? Does your tummy hurt again?" Noah spoke softly as if talking to a scared little furball or a crying child in need of coaxing.

Levi: When did my stomach hurt?! How long will this misunderstanding go on for?!

(ノ꒪Д꒪)ノ︵ ┻━┻