Chapter 172 - You are coming to our wedding, right? & Chapter 173 - Invisible?

"And?" Noah tilted his brown head.

"Since it's still in development, we don't have a large database of people to compare it against just yet..."

Noah's nose wrinkled, "So nothing?"

"On the contrary," Fynn's mouth curled up, "Since we didn't have a database, I pulled up some footage of the last city council meeting for testing purposes. Who would have thought we'd actually manage to get a match." Fynn's smile disappeared, replaced by a frown, "Too bad that the technology is still experimental, and its results aren't yet considered reliable enough to be used in court."

Noah leaned forward towards the light screen, his little butt nearly slipping off the sofa, "Heh, for testing purposes, you say? Weren't you trying to check whether this person is councilor Desmond?"

Fynn's frown was once again replaced by a guilty-as-charged look, and he scratched his head sheepishly, "He is one of the shareholders of Druxa, and the main advocate for the monitoring and limiting the freedom of high ranked power users. I'm rightfully suspicious."

"So, it IS him?"

Fynn nodded, "The match rate is pretty high, but like I said, it can't be used as evidence. In fact, with just this, I might not even be able to get him to visit the station for questioning."

Noah tapped his chin thoughtfully, "A lot of things would make sense if he was indeed involved. As a shareholder, it wouldn't be hard for him to get access to the lab. And he would probably also be privy to the information about what is being researched inside. Also, councilor Desmond has been trying to make power registration mandatory for years now, claiming that high-ranked power users who hide their powers are a danger to society. Having the mentioned high-ranked power users go on a power rampage would only serve to promote his cause."

"I've been thinking along these lines as well," Fynn nodded, "He has the means and the motive. And he also happens to be an unscrupulous old bastard who has been opposing your father at every turn for decades." Fynn glanced towards Levi's scrunched-up face and added, "He's not a big fan of the union of the two cities either. He has been trying to stop the marriage ever since it was announce–"

Fynn's words were interrupted by Levi slamming his fist down on the coffee table with fire in his eyes. 'Guilty or not, this old fart has to go down!!!' (ꐦ °Д°)

Noah instinctively wrapped his soothing around Levi and patted the other's thigh for good measure. After finishing these well-practiced series of actions, Noah was just about to take his little hand away when this fiancé of his covered it with his own, intertwining their fingers together intimately.

Noah's ears instantly heated up, and he tried hard to ignore the sharp stare directed at them by his father, who was peeking at them from the dining room.

It–it was just holding hands! It's not like it was something inappropriate... it–it should be fine if it was just holding hands, ah! (⁄ ⁄> ﹏ <⁄ ⁄)

"That–that... if–if councilor Desmond was indeed guilty...then–then if you managed to have a word with him...would–would that be enough to make an arrest?" Noah desperately tried to distract his wandering mind back to the important matters at hand. "It is highly likely that he would refuse to answer any of your questions..."

Fynn stared at him with dead-fish eyes. He couldn't see the two men touching each other, and he couldn't even feel the sugary intents over the call, but... he was a professional law enforcement investigator! He still knew what was happening even if he couldn't see or feel it just by hearing that stutter and seeing those pink ears!!! ಥ‿ಥ