Chapter 33 - Don't worry! I am completely healthy, absolutely no STDs!

When Noah had seen the toaster and butter, his eyes had lit up with idea of butter melting on hot toast. On Cradle, butter was much more expensive than margarine, so it was a rare treat to be able to eat it at the orphanage. Which was too bad because butter on warm toast was simply heavenly! Not so much for margarine...

And thus, when his toast was done toasting, in his haste, Noah singed his fingers trying to grab it before it cooled. He yelped cutely, then put his two now pink fingers inside his lovely mouth.

Levi's eyes rippled at the sight. He wasn't sure whether he'd prefer to put his darling's little fingers in his own mouth to nibble on, or if he'd prefer to put his own two fingers in the little one's mouth to have that cute pink tongue lap at them.

Such a tough choice! (≧ω≦)

Using his power, Levi took hold of the hot toast that the little kitten had dropped, and made it float onto Noah's plate. For Enforces, making things float was relatively simple. Just add a force equal to gravity but in the opposite direction and voila. The process was the same if they wanted to move something – just apply the appropriate amount of force in the right direction.

Seeing his kitten's widening eyes, Levi felt immensely self-satisfied. The corner of his lips curled up slightly, forming a rarely seen sexy smirk. Then he proceeded to show off his fine power control some more, by using it to spread butter over the hot toast. All the while throwing Noah furtive lovestruck glances, looking like a big dog wagging its tail, asking to be praised.

'Mn. Apply force at the right part of the butter to cleanly slice off a 1 mm thin piece, then make the slice float on top of the toast and arrange itself in a neat line. Easy!'

Dumbfounded mother and father-in-law: "..." ( ゚Д゚)

Delighted Noah: (✪ ω ✪) "Ah! Brother, your power is so handy!! So awesome!!"

Receiving his little darling's worshipful gaze, Levi felt like flowers were blooming all around him. Even when he used his power to fly, he didn't feel it was as impressive as now when he was using it to spread butter on hot toast!

Levi: Was praised by my baby! So happy! (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄) ♡

Still dumbfounded mother-in-law: "Darling... pinch me. Am I still asleep?" ( ゚Д゚)

Still equally as dumbfounded father-in-law: "No. Your skin bruises easily, pinch me instead."

Mother-in-law: My god! Who knew the famous lone wolf Astar Levi could be such a doting elder brother?!
o((>ω< ))o

Father-in-law: ...If he could be just half as good to his wife, that would be great... 〒▽〒

"It's so nice to see you two boys getting along so well." Cordia mommy chirped happily. "Son-in-law, how about you drop in for a meal more often in the future?"

Levi seriously nodded. "Mn." Since you are so supportive, when I marry your son in the future, I'll let you drop in for a meal anytime, mother-in-law.

Cordia daddy felt a bit skeptical about this whole matter, but since he couldn't quite put into words what exactly about this son-in-law raised alarm bells in his head, he didn't interfere.

It would be a long time before Cordia daddy realized that those alarm bells were caused by recognizing the gaze, this son-in-law used to watch his little son, as the same gaze he used to look at his wife... and by the time he realized this important fact, it was far too late to do anything about it.
○| ̄|_

"Well, honey one and honey two, I have to go. I still have so many last-minute wedding preparations to do." Cordia mommy got up from her seat, giggling. She gave a quick peck on the lips to her husband and then dropped a wet kiss on Noah's forehead.