Chapter 186 - Ran away!

The AI was strangely quiet the last couple of days, with none of his usual spicy comebacks.

"Blackie? You alright?" Noah asked while glancing at the current time on his communicator.

"I'm great," Blackie's response came soon after. "No, I'm MORE than great! o( ̄▽ ̄)d The deep admiration and awe I feel for your work have made me at a loss for words. (︶‿︶)

Ah, you only got here last week, and you're already getting married! This efficiency! Other hosts should learn from you!" ╰(*°▽°*)╯

Noah, "........." Typical Blackie. Miss him when he is quiet, but as soon as he speaks up, you can't wait to press the mute button. (눈_눈)

"Blackie..." Noah's right eyebrow twitched several times, and he silently ground his teeth, "Save it. All your praises are insults in disguise."

Blackie, who was, for once, genuinely praising his host for his excellent mission progress, "..." ಠ_ಠ

'Alright, suit yourself. ╮(╯∀╰)╭ Don't regret it later.'

Blackie wasn't the only one that was strangely silent the last couple of days. The terrorists, too, fell quiet ever since they captured Swiftrain – no more attacks, not a peep.

Noah hoped it was because they were lying low and not because this peace was the calm before the storm.

He especially didn't wish for his wedding to be ruined by a terrorist attack. So they enforced maximum security measures over the entire proceedings. They used Intenters to question the loyalties of all staff before hiring them. Layers upon layers of forcefields and shields covered everything. Scanners checked each and every guest and worker, as well as their belongings, before allowing them entry. It was impossible for anyone to smuggle anything dangerous in. The only thing that could possibly disturb the event would be if one of the guests attacked others with his powers. But even then, they would be quickly subdued by the security.

This wedding would be a happy occasion, and nothing was allowed to disrupt it.

***

The remaining guests started showing up at the wedding venue long before the grooms. As per the wedding procedure, the grooms were supposed to arrive last and proceed straight towards the altar. Thus, while awaiting the arrival of the two protagonists of the event, the guests mingled amongst themselves, enjoying the served refreshments and the stunning view around them.

Noah's and Levi's wedding was set to be held in the Cordias' aquarium resort. Unlike the bungalow where Noah had taken Levi the last time, their wedding venue wasn't so private and isolated. On the contrary, they had reserved the most premium site in the resort - a vast, luxurious hall connected by an indoor bridge with the main resort building.

Its ceiling was made of bullet-proof glass, making everyone feel as if they were outdoors under the beautiful clear sky. The floor was also made of the same glass, and underneath it stretched the aquarium, filled with corals and exotic fish. Coupled with beautiful greenery and flowers inside the hall itself, it gave this place an ethereal allure, as if it was Eden inside a dome, right in between the sea and the sky.

However, the altar itself was not set up indoors, but in front of the building, on the sandy beach with vibrant green palm trees and a beautiful view of the aquamarine blue sea. They would speak their vows with the earth, the sea, and the sky as their witness.

The place was beautiful, and the intention poetic, yet the atmosphere that should have been tranquil and pleasant was currently oppressing and uncomfortable instead. The source of this gloomy mood was none other than Astar Levi. The man stood in front of the altar with a scrunched-up face, impatiently tapping his foot. His fierce eyes rarely spared a glance towards the guests. Instead, they alternated between staring at the entrance and checking the time.