Chapter 11-Drunken Mistakes

Start from the beginning

"Oh come on y/n, everyone sees it! Everyone knows you're together and honestly... we may of bet on how long it would take for you two to finally admit your feelings." She held out a $100 bill. "I kinda won.." Your eyes widened and you hit her shoulder.

"We're going to be late now move."

"Fine but when this case is over, I'm getting the girls together for a drink and you're coming." She left the bathroom at that. You smacked your hand on your head and sighed. Great. A drink did not sound like a good idea. You would soon learn that.

You felt your necklace and realized you hadn't called Clarke in awhile. You promised yourself you would the minute the case finished.

You exhaled and regathered yourself, straightening your blazer. You exited the bathroom and made it to the round table.

You were on your way to Central Florida. Ah, the notorious Florida. You never had a case there yet but you could read everyone's faces. Florida was crazy.

Spencer would go on giving facts about the state. "You know the annual number of crimes in Florida per year are 567,997 total and only 81,980 of those crimes are violent." Everyone hated his rambling, you did too depending on your mood, but it was also one of the things you loved about him.

By the 3rd day you all figured out the unsub was a women after believing it was a man. It was something you had suggested.

You had doubts but after they recovered the latest body of a businessman you spoke up. The unsub normally targeted truck drivers along Interstate 4 but this was out of character.

Spencer studies the board. "Even though women make up less than 6% of serial killers nationwide, it is still possible."

"Alright lets call Garcia." Hotch demanded.

On the 6th day you caught Aileen Wuornos. She shot men claiming they had raped or attempted to rape her while she serviced them. She also added it was self defense. Her high standard .22-caliber revolver was recovered after she tried pawning it off after the 7th kill. It led you right to her and you arrested her. She was sent to Florida State Prison.

You sat at the window of the jet fiddling with your necklace. You missed Clarke and felt a little guilty you hadn't called her. The case also affected you. You didn't know how it just did. Spencer sat next to you.

"You alright?"

"I'm fine." You responded without looking in his direction.

"People generally say they're fine because there are no words to describe what they actually feel and/or want to say-and you don't have the energy to figure it out. Because humans have been socialized practically since birth to be pleasant, most of us have learned to mask how we really feel by saying we're fine."

You shook your head. This was one of the times you found his rambling annoying.

"Okay, you don't have to tell me, but I'm still going to sit here if and when you're ready to talk." His gesture was sweet but you tried to brush it off.

You stayed silent looking out the window, thinking. The clouds below calmed you. In the mornings you liked looking into the sky and studying the clouds. You cloud gazed with Clarke before.

It was the morning after you both snuck out and you just laid in an open field looking into the sky. You would always point out which were which. Some days there would be Altocumulus, sometimes Stratus, and your favorite Cirrus. She would laugh and ask out of everything in the world, why you chose to remember the different types of clouds. You didn't have a specific answer. You ended up telling her you just liked them and found them interesting.