thirty four

"I'm exhausted." Jungkook says, dropping himself on his bed, not even bothering to take off his clothes. Spending the entire day with people isn't something he does often, a whole group of friends to concentrate on. Seven of them to be exact. And unfortunately for them, whenever they thought they had lost the group they'd pop right back up.

It wasn't until Jungkook had to be physically stopped by Namjoon and Hoseok from strangling Yoongi that they decided to go home. He did appreciate neither Jin or Jimin mentioning their kiss to the others or even asking about it afterwards. They apparently understood that both were not ready to put it out in the open yet.

"Me too."

"I'm never hanging out with Yoongi again, I will actually murder him next time, brutally murder him." The alpha mutters while rubbing his face with his hands, ready to fall asleep.

"Hey that's one of my best friends."

"Yeah, yeah. Just cuddle me or something."

Taehyung wants to make a joke about the alpha actually wanting affection but decides against it. Jungkook is more fragile than anything and he doesn't want to risk breaking him. Instead he cuddles up against him, an arm around his body as his head rests upon the alpha's shoulder.

"Hey Jungkook?"

"Mh?"

"I don't even know how old you are."

The alpha mumbles his reply as he's already half asleep, consciousness in the realm of dreams more so than in reality.

Taehyung hums. Concluding that he's older before softly tilting his head. Ever so carefully pecking the younger's cheek before shutting his own eyes as well. The two taking a deserved nap for god knows how long but it doesn't matter. They spend the majority of the weekend in bed anyway, and despite that they moved forward in whatever process they started.

Though, the omega is a little worried with how harsh reality will hit them once they leave this place. Tomorrow is Monday and he's very unsure how Jungkook will feel about himself then.

Yes they made progress but this house and being outside the city is so different from being back at their own homes. This place is like some sort of paradise— no, a safe haven. A place in which they can be themselves. Which is great, it's just that making progress here doesn't necessarily mean the same amount of process is made 'out there'. Hell, it might even be a set back.

God knows what will happen. He's a little worried, he won't deny that. If he's honest, he's afraid of Jungkook leaving his parents safe home and falling back into his own reality a little too harshly. The progress they made might turn around and slap him in the face, he wouldn't be surprised if the younger goes and acts twice as cold because of actions he doesn't consider weak, but soon will.

Overthinking it won't help. He just worries a little. He likes being here, he likes seeing Jungkook like this and feeling such a new sort of relationship bloom between them.

"I'll protect you, I promise." He mumbles softly, unaware of the fact he's saying it out loud seeing that's he's half asleep as well.

One more peaceful nap before they have to leave their safe haven.

Things go pretty much how Taehyung thought they would go. The second they're even close to their own homes Jungkook grows cold, as if along with the environment his entire personality changes. He's dropped off at home with a cold 'bye' before Jungkook drives off, not saying a single word. As if the past weekend hadn't happened.

The omega isn't mad. This is what he signed up for, and he isn't planning on backing out when things get hard. Abandoning Jungkook now would do way more harm than he did good. He'll take that feeling off disappointment and throw it right away. Jungkook is working on himself and that's a hard and painful process, not just for him. He believes in the alpha, so instead of feeling down he raises his head high and smiles at the memories of the past days.

They'll get there, one way or another.

While Teahyung is casting a positive look on the situation Jungkook is doing the exact opposite. This weekends memories are everything but smile inducing to him, instead he feels like harshly tugging on the wheel and into the nearest lantern.

He had been weak once again. Cried even. How could he have done that? What entity had possessed him to do such a thing?

Once home he's happy to see Kinjo again, the omega on the couch, softly snoring as the tv plays some show. He turns it off and carefully picks up the boy, not wanting to wake him. Looking down at the younger he really does wonder what possessed him to help Kinjo, to be kind without expecting anything in return. To live with an omega without expecting sex, to let down bis guard like that.

With Kinjo, things are more relaxed. He's no Taehyung but he sure does come close.

When putting him down, slowly his eyes flutter open. "Hey." He mutters, before turning over in bed and falling right back asleep.

"Sleep." He mumbles, looking down at the omega. Wishing he could just tell him what's going on in his head but he's utterly terrified of being weak.

Maybe that should be his next step, trying to reveal to someone like Kinjo what's inside his head. How he truly feels.

That could be a first step.