twenty eight

"No!" He blurts out. "I'm sorry." The question was bold and unexpected, the last thing he expected was to be asked this by an omega.

"Now you're sorry." Taehyung shakes his head a little. "They're always sorry when they don't want to get punished." He growls angrily but doesn't make a move to do anything. He just sits there, awaiting a reply.

Jungkook knows Taehyung is right. He would've never said sorry if it weren't for the threat of a punishment. Though the fact he's saying sorry and not simply refusing the punishment surprises him. He could've said no and that would've been it. The omega won't do anything to him without consent, yet his first response was to apologise. He curses hismelf, whenever he's around Taehyung he's too submissive. He likes it but he hates it.

"I really am sorry." He says, watching the omega's face relax a little. "I believe you,"

He smiles a little, still feeling guilty despite having said sorry. Maybe because it wasn't honest. "Now come give me a hug."

He happily accepts the invite but can't get himself to enjoy the warm touch. Instead he's seated with his eyes wide open, unable to let the guilt go. He was about to go all out on Taehyung and he's forgiven with an dishonest apology. He shouldn't be overthinking it, after all he's the alpha, he shouldn't even feel this guilt at all. But around Taehyung he feels the same as at home, calm and safe. His guard is down and he doesn't have the energy to put it up. His mind refuses to let him fall back into his big bad alpha role. He's unsure whether that's a good or bad thing.

"What would the punishment have been."

Taehyung chuckles. "Depends on what you would've let me do. I personally like edging over overstimulation."

He nods his head with wide eyes. "I still feel guilty." He mutters. Looking away as if he should be ashamed of his feeling. Taehyung smiles. "That mean your sorry was sincere, don't feel guilty I'm over it."

"But how? I would stay mad for ages." He admits feeling a hand on his chin that turns his head to force him to look at the omega. "You've never learned how to deal with your emotions, it's a long road into learning how to manage them but you'll get there."

He frowns. "Why do you put up with me?" It puzzles him, why stay around when there's nothing the gain. No sex, meaning no relationship. What could Taehyung possibly care enough about that he'd stick around.

"Because you're fun to be around, though you're a handful I don't mind it. And we can be friends right?"

The words fill him with happiness. He's never had many friends. He's had the karate team in high school but not of them made him feel like Taehyung does. Safe and warm. He's free to say no whenever and even when he acts out Taehyung sticks around. The omega might be his first real friend, a friend that sees through him like glass.

Just hearing the omega say this words almost has him willingly wanting to bottom but he has kept enough of his sanity to keep himself at bay. He's been saying that he feels different around the omega but that isn't true. When at home or around the omega he feels like himself, everywhere else he feels different.

"Now, why were you so mad?"

He shrugs. "Guess I felt threatened, like Yoongi was overpowering me."

Taehyung chuckles. "Yoongi is a handful as well, please bear with him. But hey, look at yourself you got scolded by an omega, are you any less of an alpha?"

"Well no, but my mom get's scolded by my dad all the time." He says, thinking back to the days when he used to live at home.

"And is your dad any less of an alpha?"

He shakes his head. He's always thought of his parents as amazing people. Open minded and seemingly not afraid of anything. They go for what they want and are not focused on what other's think of them. He admires them a lot along with his brother who also doesn't give a crap about anyone's opinion but the people he cares about and even then he often doesn't really care.

"It's confusing Taehyung, around you I feel so safe. As if everything is okay, but outside I feel so scared all the time even when I'm with you." It feels good, to confess how he feels. It takes a weight of his shoulders that makes him feel like he can breathe for the first time. He's been scared for so long and now he doesn't have to be, even if it's for just a second.

"Of course you're scared but I'll help you learn how not to be. How to accept yourself as you are even if others don't." The omega shrugs a little. "You're an amazing person Jungkook, I can tell you just had too much to deal with to figure that out for yourself."

Jungkook frowns. "If I don't know myself then how could you possibly know?"

The omega shrugs. "Because you show it in the little things, Kinjo for example. You have good morals and a big heart." Getting up from the couch Taehyung opens his arms wide. "Now let's hug out our little fight."

Jungkook doesn't need to be told twice, accepting the hug eagerly, holding tightly. The action only accentuating the fact that he's been in desperate of one. The guilt that was left melting away like snow in sunshine. Maybe he holds on a little longer and too tight but Taehyung doesn't mind. It feels good that Jungkook trusts him with his feelings.

He wants to see the alpha grow and come to love himself. Because being afraid everyday must be soul shattering.

"Hey." Jungkook speaks up shyly.

"I know you probably have so many things to do this weekend but I'm asking anyway..." a nervous pause.

"You want to go home with me this weekend?"

Nearly all my previous books have been toxic relationships, it's so weird to write healthy ones.