twenty five

Taehyung knows he has no right to be mad, Jungkook's actions are rooted deeper than simple shame. He can't blame him for being afraid of viewed as weak again, he won't blame him. Though it does hurt to be pushed aside like that, especially after thinking they made progress. Of course it had been foolish to view it as progress, it's a deep rooted trauma that doesn't solve itself with one simple visit to his parents home.

He doesn't know what it is about Jungkook that pulls him in so much. Of course it's the physical attraction that plays his part but that can't be all. Maybe it's the conflict they had that drew him in, and maybe he is staying because he's curious to see what's beneath the big bad alpha facade.

From what he's seen the alpha is the opposite of what he's displayed himself as. When in school he's cold, dominant, easily threatened. Though, when they were at his family home he was still a bit cold, but it's easy to seem cold amongst such bright people. He wasn't dominant at all, didn't feel threatened and his family didn't threaten him. He was calm and only expressed annoyance when his family was being too comfortable again. Which was nearly all the time. Though the annoyance didn't really hold any real irritation, it's odd to explain it.

Back at Jungkook's house he was even more different. He remembers the omega seated in his lap, completely giving in to him while trying to keep himself from making any noise. That's the closest he got to the real Jungkook. He thinks the alpha is truly adorable when on his knees and wishes he could take things further but he knows he can't. He can't push him into things he isn't yet ready for, that way he'll only traumatise him further. Jungkook is the one deciding the pace and he, himself must decide if he's willing to wait.

He can't bail halfway, either he quits now or he stays for the ride. Giving Jungkook something or someone to rely on only to take it away would be cruel. He needs to make that choice now and not a second later. Will he be able to withstand the force that he'll be pushed away with? Will he be strong enough to stay by Jungkook's side even though the alpha might try to do everything to push him away? Even then, could he push back?

It isn't like he's in love with the alpha, there's interest but that's it. Even if he doesn't fall he's sure Jungkook would make a great friend, so he'd be able to support him that way.

"What's on your mind?" Jin asks taking a seat as his pungent mint fills the room. Taehyung has gotten used to it but when there's new visitors they often are agitated by the overpowering scent. It's a bit sad seeing the omega has to wear a special scent block when going out and often gets mean comments thrown at him. Along with that alpha's tend to avoid him seeing they think the scent is too strong.

"That Jungkook guy I told you about, the one that I went to the aquarium with." He says with a deep sigh. He hasn't told his housemates about the sexual stuff they've done, seeing he promised the alpha to not tell anyone. He made that promise and will keep it, he doesn't go by dumb teenage rules like 'best friend's don't count.'

"He seems like a difficult boy, his pride getting in the way of things."

Taehyungs nods his head, knowing it runs deeper than simple pride. It's childhood trauma that needs a whole lot of fixing. "I want to help him, I really do."

Jin sighs. "I understand how he might seem like a fun challenge to you but please be careful, I wouldn't want you or him to get hurt." The elder pats his leg. "You mustn't think about the sex side of things, are you willing to take on all his bagage?"

Taehyung remains silent. That's the question he's been asking himself. He feels responsible. He started something within the alpha that he can't just take back, Jungkook is already changing.

"How do I even do this? What if he doesn't want me to help?"

"Everyone wants help with their problems, if he truly didn't want you around he would've never gotten this involved. Helping him is good but keep in might that you might not be the right person to do so, chances of failure are always luring in the dark and you must be able to handle that too." Jin gets up. "You should talk to him about this, you're both adults and should be able to figure out what to do next. Now do you want tea?"

Taehyung nods his head. "Thanks Jin, I'll think it over."

But he's made his decision. He likes Jungkook as a person, friend, potential love interest, it doesn't matter. He thinks Jungkook is kind hearted and live has thrown the poor alpha too much shit already. He's willing to take a chance on them, they can figure it out together and he's sure they will. And if they won't, so be it. Then they fail. Maybe they'll try again or they each go their own way but then at least they tried. Yes, he might get hurt along the way but he's willing to bet on Jungkook despite of that.

When Jin returns he eagerly wraps his finger around the mug, the warmth burning into his finger's in a good way.

He finds himself cuddling up to Jin, inhaling the mint scent before exhaling with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Someone's heat's close."

Taehyung pouts. "Next week, I'm going to give you guys hell."

"We're going to give each other hell, we were perfectly aligned last heat." Jin points out making Taehyung groan at the memory of their heat three months ago. He remembers the utter chaos it was to have the three of them in heat at the exact same time.

"That's why omega's shouldn't live with omega's." He grumbles bitterly.

"You're the worst out of all of us." Jin teases while scrolling through his phone.

"Why don't you invite Jungkook this weekend? Let him get to know you a little better as well, maybe he feels more at ease when you show him what you're like besides a top." Jin suggests, looking down at the brunette omega who's softly sipping on his tea.

"I think that's a good idea, I'll text him. I'll tell him to bring a friend so he isn't alone with the three of us. It could be a bit much." He mumbles as he pulls out his own phone to text him.

He smiles, he really wants to help Jungkook.