thirty one

long chapter cause I didn't know how to end it

Taehyung can feel his heart breaking at how long the alpha cries for. Emotions that have been bottled up finally being set free and even though he might've cried a lot, no doubt it's only the tip of the ice berg that has been released. The alpha experience years of pain in which his only goal was to hide who he is and what he felt, he has some catching up to do. He lies frozen, ignoring the stiff muscles and hold the alpha close. Refusing to let go until the taller indicates that he wants to be released.

After god knows how long Jungkook stops crying and after a little longer soft snores are heard.

He literally cried himself to sleep.

The omega can't help but softly dip his head down and place a soft and tender kiss upon the alpha's head. "I got you."

He does have the alpha's back. He isn't afraid of Jungkook's pain and the consequences that pain brings. He isn't afraid to be pushed away knowing he'll push back just as hard. He knows that emotionally and mentally it will be a tiring task but in the short amount of time they've known each other he's come to care for Jungkook. He's seen sides of him no one has and the side everyone has, he gets to meet both sides and discover the complexity the elder holds. The reasoning behind his actions and the morals inside his head. Ever since he's met Jungkook he's been neglecting his boy toys, sex seemingly too shallow of an connection.

He and Jungkook might not have sex but their relationship is something he's never experienced before. Something that he hasn't had with anyone ever before. A deep trust, understanding and acceptance coming from Taehyung and somewhere very deep down, beneath the trauma and the fear, Jungkook feels the same.

He just can't reach that part of himself yet.

After a while Taehyung falls asleep as well, curled up together they give their minds and bodies time to reset and restore.

Today was a huge step into the right direction, the pain finally starting to leave the alpha's body. He knows the walls will be right back up when the wake but he's happy they came down, even for such a short time.

Neither had expected at first, but maybe Taehyung is the best thing that could've happened to Jungkook.

They're awakened by their bodies lightly being shook. Taehyung has to struggle to open his eyes, the exhaustion of skipping a night having caught up to him.

"You guys are like comatose, I knocked a million times and yelled." Namjoon says. "Dinner is ready, you guys coming?"

Taehyung looks down at Jungkook, who shakes his head. "No, do you think that's okay?"

Namjoon smiles and nods. "Of course it is! We'll leave some incase you guys get hungry later," with that he leaves but not Before smiling fondly at the two. Amazed by how much Taehyung has changed Jungkook already.

The two stay behind, still tired and they will be for a while.

"Jungkook, you okay?"

There's a moment of silence. "I'm fine." Along with the words comes the action of turning away. The walls that had fallen are now back up and along with that comes no doubt the embarrassment of opening up like that. It's an odd concept to the alpha, crying. It's weakness.