fourteen

"Couldn't you have gone with any of your lap dogs?" Jungkook asks as they enter the aquarium, Taehyung excitedly bouncing over to the first fish tank.

"Of course, you just happened to call right when I was about to ask." He says before grabbing the alpha's arm and pulling in. "Look, they are so pretty."

Jungkook tsk's and pushes the hand off before looking in the tank. The fish don't seem that special to him, they're just fish. But before he can look for too long he's already getting pulled along again.

He lets it happen, no doubt the omega won't stop no matter what he does or say. So with his hands in his pockets he walks along to where the shorter excitedly points at even more fishes.

He doesn't give a damn about the fish, though he finds himself intrigued by the omega's excitement. Every tank has him squealing in excitement, one would almost call it cute. It baffles him how to seemingly harmless creature could have such a dark side to him. Right now it seems like he's just a regular omega out with his boyfriend, which would be him.

Seeing such excitement he wonders, when was the last time he felt like that? Mindless joy. It's been a while since he's actually enjoyed doing something. The last time must've been when he was a kid, playing outside with his friends.

He clenches his jaw, an unwanted memory coming to mind, eyes shut as he wills it away. Refusing to thinking about it. But no matter how hard he fights, it seems to refuse to disappear.

"Jungkook?"

His eyes shoot open, he had momentarily forgotten that he is in an aquarium and with Taehyung. He had come to an halt and Taehyung is sending him a worried look.

"You're pale." A soft hand reaches out to touch his forehead. "Are you feeling unwell?"

He looks at those beautiful brown eyes as the mango scent surrounds him. He inhales deeply, allowing the mango smell to calm him down a little. Leaning forward he feels like he's in a trance.

Softly he wraps his arms around the omega and pulls him against him, nose pressed against the scent gland to calm his racing heart and thoughts. He inhales deeply, his mind filling with a mango fog and pushing away the memories that haunt him. They go back behind their locked doors to hopefully never be opened again.

"Jungkook?" He opens his eyes again, releasing the omega from his grip. "I'm sorry, I touched you without consent."

Taehyung blinks. "It's okay, are you okay?"

Jungkook forces a smile onto his lips, happy they're the only visitors in this room. He had a moment of weakness in which he had to have help from an omega, anyone who would've seen it would be ashamed of him. What alpha can't fix his own problems?

"What makes you think I'm not?" Wrong question, of course he wasn't okay. His mind is still a bit foggy, he needs to think before he speaks.

"It seemed you were on the brink of a panic attack." Taehyung says with wide eyes. "You suddenly stopped walking, you almost looked scared."

Jungkook's eyes narrow a little. "Me? Scared? Never, you must've misread my facial expression. Nothing is wrong besides me being bored to death by all these fish." He says before chuckling. "Though, it's cute you're that worried about me."

To his surprise Taehyung blushes.

"So you are human after all." He teases before smiling. "Shouldn't we continue? No doubt there's sharks somewhere ahead, those seem like the only interesting animals here."

Taehyung nods his head before quickly turning away and continuing the route through the aquarium.

Jungkook is pleased. So Taehyung is putting up an act as well. Just like how he pretends to be unaffected by everything, so does Taehyung. Things do get to him, he just pretends they don't.

With this little piece of information he suddenly feels more confident than before.

Though there must be a reason behind this kind of behaviour. He somehow doubts Taehyung has the alpha gene, why, he doesn't know but he doubted it before and the blush confirmed it. So why would a regular omega act that way?

Knowing Taehyung has ways to get flustered only peaked his interest in the already interesting omega. He wants to do it again, he wants to see that little blush once more.

But how? He caught him off guard this time, how will he do it again? No doubt the omega will be extra cautious around him now. Jungkook has peeked through the curtains and the brunette will most likely do anything to keep it from happening again.

"Hey are you coming?"

Looking up he sees Taehyung signing him over and into a glass tunnel. There's water all around them, fish and even small sharks swimming in the large tank.

Though he's hated the entire aquarium up until now, Jungkook must admit that this view is kind of pretty. Not that he'd say it out loud.

"Look there's small sharks, maybe there's a sign with their name." Taehyung says excitedly before looking around and his eyes zeroing in on something.

Jungkook immediately dreads ever coming out. He's sure the omega will ask for it.

Slowly Taehyung turns back around, a grin on his face as he points to the photographer's booth.

"No." He deadpans, really not feeling up for having any evidence of today. What if Taehyung decides to show his little alpha boy toys? Then they'll start thinking he's involved with the omega as well, which isn't the case.

"C'mon, I have to record class for you. Do you know how much work that'll be? You'll get my notes as well which is a lot of effort."

"That's manipulation." He states.

"But it's working."

Jungkook shakes his head before an idea pops into his head. "You know what, fine."

Taehyung excitedly pulls him along to the booth, asking the photographer for multiple pictures and in a row as if taken in a real photo-booth.

The man nods meanwhile Jungkook gets in place, the aquarium and fish behind them. No doubt the pictures will turn out beautiful.

Taehyung pulls him in closer, informing him they'll take five pictures and that the man will count down to each one.

They take four pictures, Jungkook looking as unamused as ever in every one of them. It's not until the five second countdown for the last one that he moves.

Smoothly he grabs the omega's chin, pulling it to the side and up, their lips attaching at the count of one.

A grin spreading on his lips as the omega kisses back.

After the picture is taken he swiftly pulls back, watching that blush spread out once more.

He's in deeper than he thought.