thirty three

Caught up in the moment they kiss, one that has both their tummies fluttering and their hearts beating just a little faster than before. They're not in love, it's a long way from here to fall in leave but the attraction and maybe even the start of what once could be called love. They have not yet fallen but are certainly stumbling around, closer to falling than catching themselves.

Neither mind, it feels nice.

"Oh here they are."

They part and look to the side, seeing Jin and Jimin stood next to each other. Smiles on their faces.

"You two look like your having fun." Jin grins. "Just be glad Yoongi didn't see you. You'd never hear the end of it."

"How did you guys find us?" Taehyung asks, cheeks tinted a little red. Not in shame of Jungkook but because he didn't mean for his friends to see something that intimate. Maybe they shouldn't have made out in the middle of a zoo if they wanted to avoid that n

"We saw you guys entering, so decided to Join. The others are a bit slow seeing that Yoongi us giving them one hell of fight." Jimin says, a shiver running down his spine. "I'm glad I'm not Hoseok or Namjoon."

Taehyung turns to the alpha besides him with a smug look on his face. "See! They're getting together."

"Says nothing about me, more about you throwing a—"

His mouth is quickly covered before Taehyung pushes him to keep on walking. "Let's watch some more butterflies."

Jin and Jimin follow close behind as a few meters back Yoongi is giving the two remaining alpha's a hard time.

Jimin is a bit disappointed, not that he isn't having the time of his life, it's just that he had hoped to catch a little of the elder omega's scent. He had loved being able to smell Jin and it's also an amazing scent like mint. He had almost instantly decided he wanted to be friends with him. Is it a bit selfish? Maybe but he's just so happy to finally be able to hang out with someone.

During the day he doesn't even notice himself often sniffing the air, trying to catch a scent of anything. He's blocked the habit out of his mind, he's done it all his life. Jin however notices.

"Are you sniffing so much because you can't catch a scent? You said your nose was a bit messed up."

He nods. "It indeed is, I can't smell things easily. I either have to be really close to the source or they have to be really strong and even then sometimes I don't smell anything." He explains, watching his best friend in front of him. Wondering how it comes he's never seen the man smile like that, he had always known there was more to Jungkook than just his cold exterior but he had failed to be the one to push through it. It isn't like he hadn't tried, Jungkook just refused to open up to him.

"Oh that must be stressful." Jin says.

"Very, I had very bad anxiety as a kid. Seeing that wolves use their sense of smell for a lot of things. Someone's scent is often their primary source of information on how someone feels. Not being able to do that caused a lot of stress but luckily I managed to outgrow it." He smiles brightly. "I still miss smelling things but I just have to put my nose really close to strong scents and I am reminded of how things smell."

Jin chuckles. "I admire you for being able to overcome that, it shows how strong you are."

Jimin shakes his head but doesn't say anything. They walk in silent for a few seconds when the omega decides to speak up again. "You can smell me right? Not right now but when I'm not wearing blocker."

"Yeah, your scent is like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day!" The alpha is clearly excited about the fact that he can actually smell something.

"Can I be selfish and say that it really makes me want to hang out with you?" Jin says while looking around at the butterflies around them. "Alpha's usually dislike how pungent it is."

"No, I like it very much. Guess we're set of the perfect couple... of friends."

And as they are slowly progressing into a state of friendship with a hint of flirtation behind them Yoongi is looking at the butterflies with wide eyes. Dodging them every once in a while, seeing they startle him.

Both Namjoon and Hoseok are mumbling to one another, arguing about what's going to happen when they get home. Both agreeing they'll fuck but both to frustrated to bottom.

"You guys are slow, aren't alpha's supposed to be fast." Yoongi sighs, pushing past them to hurry and catch up to the others.

"I want to destroy him in bed." Namjoon growls. His boyfriend chuckles. "Me too but we can't let our sexual desires go before our hearts. Polyamory is very fragile."

"Don't repeat my words back to me." The therapist of the two says before looking around at the signs. "Bathroom's are that way."

"I'm not bottoming." Hoseok hisses and Namjoon groans. "Fine, Bj's then let's go."

The two rush off while Yoongi trails behind Jin and Jimin, watching the two disappear. A feeling of disappointment in his chest. Not that he would've joined if they asked but part of him had appreciated if they had asked. He had a feeling that finally he could be himself with them, and Taehyung had revealed they were looking for an omega to add to their relationship.

He had hoped it would've been him, but apparently it's not. Usually alpha's dismiss him as annoying and disobedient but besides the attitude he just really wants to be loved. And yes, he appreciates his friends and their love but an alpha love is different, let alone two.

But guess this scenario wouldn't turn out good anyway. If they had asked he'd say no and would've scolded them for thinking he's such an easy target. He set himself up for failure and now he's sulking over it.

Wrapping his arms around himself he continues walking. The other's not even paying attention to him. He feels lonely but not sad. He's always been lonely, he's used to being on himself until he met Tae and Jin. He doesn't mind being alone, it's just that every now and then he wishes he wasn't.

About half an hour later, Hoseok and Namjoon return to the group and startle Yoongi when they're watching the crocodiles. Hoseok wraps and arm around the omega's shoulder and makes a dumb joke about throwing Yoongi in. Namjoon laughs before defending the omega and making a pact to team up to ditch Hoseok.

Yoongi laughs and nods. Maybe he aimed to high. Why was he expecting these men to fall in love with him the second they started ganging out? He barely knows them.

All he knows is that these guy's would make some amazing friends, and if anything else were to happen... he'd be okay with that too.