Chapter 6: Danger Pt.2

June 3, 2014

"Hi, I'm here to pick up the order for Bangtan."

"Hello. The last few pizzas are coming out of the oven. I apologize we weren't able to deliver this to you."

"That's okay," I lie. "Everything has been paid for, right?"

"Yes."

"Perfect. Could I start carrying out some of the pizzas now?"

"Of course. Would you like some help?"

With 30 pizzas? "Yes, please."

Samoon and I manage to stack the pizzas in the back of the van, and I fish out 20,000 won and hold it out for her as my phone rings again.

"You've already paid, ma'am."

"Yes, this is for you."

Her eyes go wide. "Oh, we don't take tips."

"Please," I say, still holding out the money. "Hello?" I answer the phone.

Samoon continues shaking her head, so I fold the bills and tuck them into the brim of her visor before opening the van door and getting inside.

"ETA?" Mrs. Yeong asks.

"20 minutes."

Click.

"Wow, great job picking up the slack, Kenna. Hey, Kenna, you're handling this so well. I'm so proud of you. Oh, you're welcome, everyone!" I grumble to myself as I start the van up and pull into traffic. The tires barely bounce onto the road when my phone starts ringing again. "Agh!" a scream escapes me before I answer sweetly, "Hello?"

"Uh, onion say oh."

"Tony, sweety, not a good time right now, okay?"

"Oh, fuck, you're filming aren't you?"

"Kind of. Can we talk about it later?" I almost drop the phone as I look behind me and switch lanes. I fucking hate driving.

"Sure, how's everything going?"

"Honestly? Kind of a nightmare. I'm gonna hang up now, okay?"

"Did you-"

"Love you, bye!"

As soon as I set my phone down, it rings again. My knuckles go white from gripping the steering wheel so hard. I pick up the phone. "Tony, I love you, but do not call me again today, okay?"

"Uh, I J-Hope," Hoseok says in English.

"Hoseok, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be filming?"

"Well-"

"Wait, is something wrong? Is everyone okay?"

"Everyone is fine. They're filming individual scenes, so I'm just outside. It's too hot in there."

"Okay, why did you call me?"

"Uhm," he hesitates and I'm about to reach through the phone and strangle the guy. "You just disappeared."

Nice and friendly. "Hoseok, I'm driving right now, if this isn't an emergency, can I talk to you when I get to set?"

"Oh, um... Yeah, okay, sounds good." He doesn't sound good, but I really don't have time for this right now.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now, goodbye."

"Drive safe!" I hear before ending the call.

Music sweeps over me from the radio, and for the remaining fifteen minutes, I calm myself down and do some breathing exercises. By the time I pull into the parking lot, I'm feeling at least a bit better. I back up to the green room door and hop out of the van. One more deep breath, and then I'm grabbing stacks of pizza boxes and lining them up on a table.

Struggling to Stand | jhs ffजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें