Lovely Crime | The Wrath of Darkness |

Chapter 35

Jennie stared down on her shoes as she walks with Kai beside her, "Uhm... Thank you for taking me out, I kind of needed this." She smiled as he wraps his scarf around her neck, "I know... You should do this more often though, let out all those negativities from you and focus on your self at least for a while." He smiled, that moment on, Jennie really appreciated his words making her ask herself, "Where have you been all my life?"

"I've been by your side everytime Jen..." Kai replied chuckling while she gasped stopping her tracks, "I did not--" "Oh yes you did!" They both laughed while they walked towards the convenient store, "Wanna eat Ramyeon?" Jennie nodded as they entered the convenient store.

~

"So, how was New Zealand?" Kai asked slurping his Ramyeon, "The same, I guess... But I was only there for a week or so, well it felt like a week or so, time flew so quick." He nodded his head getting what she meant, "But I'm gonna miss it there. I grew up there and made so much memories there, I can't help but feel homesick." He hummed in response.

"Kai, this is a but personal, but I'm just really curious... How many girlfriends have you had?" He choked and laughed, "Your kidding right? We've been friends and you still don't know?" He laughed nearly spilling his Ramyeon, "You didn't bother telling!" "Okay, I had no girlfriends. But, if you want... You can be the first." He smiled, she held in her laugh before covering her puffed up cheeks.

"Ayeee, she's blushing. Does that mean, I can try and court you again?" He asked leaning closer while she leaned back, "I don't-- maybe..." She gave up. Maybe she should give him a chance, a chance to make her feel happier, to feel less lonely, and vulnerable. He was always there for her, whenever she cried, she's alone, she's tired, or even when she's frustrated with everyone, yet he didn't dare leave her.

"Jen... Was that a yes?" He asked trying to stop his smile from plastering across his idiotic face.

After staying silent for a while, Jennie was sure, "Yes. Kai..." His heart beats rapidly as if it was about to rip open his rib cage and jump out of it. He stared at her for a while, and believed that this was his chance of getting the woman, he likes...

"Kai?" He blinked a couple of times, before finally speaking, "I'm sorry... I'm just so happy," He smiled, "I can see that..."  She smirked tucking her hair from behind.

It was the opposite for the man sitting just behind her, his hoodie was on as he took multiple sips of his coffee, he gripped tightly on the cup forgetting it was paper, his coffee dripped onto his skin giving him a burning sensation, but it wasn't as painful  as of what he heard.

~

"Tonight was fun Kai... I really appreciate you making me smile all over again. " She said softly while they trailed by the sidewalk at the park, "Ah! Get used to it..." He suddenly took off his coat noticing how she shivered.

"Kai, No! I already have your scarf on! Not your coat too?" She took steps backwards but he pulled her wrist softly and made her wear his coat, "Aish! You should really-" "Please stop. It's fine" He chuckled at her while she looked down on her toes.

"Spill..." Her forehead creased, he wasn't giving up asking her, she heaved heavily before rolling her eyes, "Well... I just feel bad for Irene Eonnie, and it's been bothering me that she kept this from me." She sighed "Okay, I'm all ears..." She pouted while she clenched on his coat

"I just found out that, Irene Eonnie and Jungkook was in a relationship. Maybe for about a year or two, I wasn't really paying attention. And I'm just bugged that she didn't say a word, not even like " hey I'm in a relationship " Nothing really, plus they met online!" She ranted while he just stared at her listening to her short rant.

"Everybody has their own reasons. Maybe she was scared that you'll judge her, we can always get to those times, where we're afraid to do something, because we're afraid of being judged."

She barely uttered a word, she was lost under stars that reflected through his doe eyes, he smiled at her  "Can..." He just pulled her close while he lifted up her chin.
Her frozen lips melted against his while she wrapped her arms around his neck, and it was enough to render her broken heart.

But, it was always the opposite, for the man watching her from afar. Jungkook.

__________________

Goodnight Goldencards~ ❤

Always Remember Goldencards have a Golden Heart 💛💛💛

-Avril 🦋